What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All 3 Grades on FOX1 tomorrow

TheRev

Coach
Forgot to post, if you arent at the ground and have access to Foxtel, its going to be a long long day on the sofa!

o 3pm - Under 20's
o 5pm - Cutters
o 7.30pm - 1st Grade

Feel free to post any match/player reviews, will post some comments after the games.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Luciano Leilua has just set up two tries with his great foot work and some silky passing skills. Could be the ball playing lock we've been looking for.

BigBoss

Juniors
Leilua is on fire! Great footwork, and a couple of nice passes in that 1st half. 1 try and 2 try assists.

Looks the goods doesn't he?

Last edited:

Dragonscales

Juniors
You don't need a ballplaying lock. The Ballplaying lock is dead and not needed in the slightest in todays game. Theres 3 ball playing locks in the game today for the Tigers (Taylor), Titans (Bird), and Bulldogs (Eastwood).

The best locks in the game aren't ballplaying. Merrin, Parker, Gallen, Taumalolo, Taupau.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
You don't need a ballplaying lock. The Ballplaying lock is dead and not needed in the slightest in todays game. Theres 3 ball playing locks in the game today for the Tigers (Taylor), Titans (Bird), and Bulldogs (Eastwood).

The best locks in the game aren't ballplaying. Merrin, Parker, Gallen, Taumalolo, Taupau.

A forward who knows how to pass is a great asset to have. Give me SBW or James Graham any day over Parker or Gallen.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
SBW and Graham aren't locks.

Whatever, you want to get technical. I'm pretty sure they have at stages in their careers worn the 13 jumper. Glen Stewart is another good example. IMO better to have at least one in your pack somewhere. We really miss that Dean Young type player.

TheRev

Coach
U20's Report:
o Dufty failed a medical and was pulled late, Robson (hooker) is in the NSW Side and didnt play
o 1st half was completely dominted by Saints in every way possible (after an initial burst from the Storm, we defended our line quite a few times, let them in once), after that we rolled through them and scored at will.
o Disappointing 2nd half, we just fell asleep, but we still won 38-30, noone stood up in 2nd half at all, had no ball, when we did we gave it away cheaply.

Player Highlights:
o 11. Leilua: Won the game single-handedly, all his runs were strong, tackle breaking efforts, frequently streaming down field, scoring himself and putting on passes for several tries, even though he didnt have Dufty to support him (who is much quicker than the rest).
o 6. Field: Didnt see much in 2nd, but 1st half he created lots of opportunities for his centre and winger, scoring 3 or so tries from right side raids, kicking was pretty good, lost radar briefly but got it back, was very confident.
o 7. Payne: Not bad either, he does most of the general field kicking and it compliments Field well, he kicked well today, finding grass on many of his kicks
o 1. Kemp: Stood in for Dufty at last minute, and was flawless, defensively and offensively, scored a try himself, missed Duftys speed, but otherwise handled it very easily
o 9. Allouche: I lost track of him in 2nd half, but was sold in 1st half

giboz71

First Grade
Just saw the replay of the 20's game. First half was totally dominated by us. Really attractive footy, which makes me think that if the club plays to similar structures, wtf is going on with FG??? Basics of running, passing and catching much better than what I have seen FG deliver. Set moves out to the wingers were perfectly executed, and Leilua was just a beast.

And the halves took on the line, much more than Widdop and Marshall ever do.

RedVDragon

Juniors
It's criminal watching Cameron King playing for Wenty. Scores the first try with vision and determination. We then have useless rein in first grade throwing passes with no vision and no creativity in fact dumb is the appropriate word for rein whilst King is playing in the intra cup.

FlameThrower

Bench
It's criminal watching Cameron King playing for Wenty. Scores the first try with vision and determination. We then have useless rein in first grade throwing passes with no vision and no creativity in fact dumb is the appropriate word for rein whilst King is playing in the intra cup.

And has had a run of shocking injuries for years now...

Old Timer

Coach
A forward who knows how to pass is a great asset to have. Give me SBW or James Graham any day over Parker or Gallen.

I'm with you Get2 and understand the point you are making.

While people are being pedants they miss the big picture.

I wonder if he thinks hookers are really hookers because plenty pack in at lock so does almost everybody else for that matter.

I'll just go back and remember what it was like when Albert and Rocket were at the very best with Slippery living off them "those were the days".

TheRev

Coach
Cutters Match Report:
o We were expected to win big against a team who had lost 8 straight, we got there comfortably in the end, but wasnt a lot of passion in the match, and we had to come from behind.

Player Reports:
o Carr: As one of his biggest fans, I have to say he did bomb a few today that were extremely difficult, I would have backed him to score, I think up against big boys, he needs just a little bit more speed & power to steal those tries before the opposition defence hits him, the 1 he did score, he was taken out and got lucky the sideline official missed it.
o Milne: Had one of his best games, couple of scoots from dummy half in broken play and did well to score a couple of tries, strong performance
o Hutchinson: Solid, set up his teammates well
o Nona: Some good some bad, did put on a pass to finish the game, but I thought it was a long way forward.. he rly needs to not be kicking for goal, its srsly frustrating
o Wakeman: OK but a bit down from his big 100th last week
o Havili: Dangerous at times, I cant help but wonder if his heart is out of it though, this season has not gone to plan, and im sure its hard to be fired up playing in NSW Cup.
o McCarthy: Made a few errors, some a bit surprising for a captain
o Sele: Solid, do wonder if hes not at 100% with his leg injury though

Good win though, cements their position.. now onto first grade..

coastiedragon

Juniors
I like the look of Leilua the big unit has footwork, a pass at 120 kegs i wouldnt mind using him like mose of the bench should be able to create a bit of 2nd phase play which i reckon we play our best footy