What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All in the Family - Last Father-Son to play for Australia

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
Who was the last father-son to represent Australia in cricket before Shaun and Geoff Marsh?

Besides Stuart and Chris Broad and the Marsh's are there any other Father-Son's in international cricket with the son currently playing?

Also I have just read that Stuart's younger brother Mitch has a contract for the 2008-09 season with the Western Warriors at the age of 16. Has anyone seen or heard anything about Mitch?

One last question,

Are there any brothers, apart from the Hussey's, currently representing their country in cricket (from any nation)?

blain

Juniors
aaron redmonds dad played a test for nz, got a hundred too. but had to retire because of eye sight i think it was..

JJ

Immortal
Marsh did well too.

Certainly the Redmonds and the Broads for a start.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Shaun Marsh was playing for WA when he was 16, Mitchell is now 16 and even better than Shaun was. Thats a fair wrap. Marsh is a gun, he should have been blooded in the first test ahead of that gimp Hodge.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mitchell has a bigger stroke range than Shaun. Shaun is more technically sound though. But the bat in different positions, Mitchell is a no3/4, Shaun is a opener. Mitchell reminds me a lot of Ponting in his younger days.

Timbo

Staff member
If you'd asked a little while ago, the Pollock's would've sprung to mind.

Also I believe Pat Symcox has a son who's close to national selection in the republic.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If you'd asked a little while ago, the Pollock's would've sprung to mind.

Also I believe Pat Symcox has a son who's close to national selection in the republic.

Aren't Pollocks uncle and nephew ?

JJ

Immortal
Rodney Redmond was a legend!

The Mohammed's - wasn't it Hanif and Shoaib?

And wasn't Sunny Gavaskar's kid playing for India recently?

IanG

Coach
I suppose you could throw Stuart MacGill into the mix too even though he's the only one in his family who played test cricket, but his father and grandfather both played First Class Cricket for WA

MuleEel

Juniors
Is Mitchell left handed or right handed?
I hear that he is an allrounder actually, and, yes as mentioned is a middle order batsmen.

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
Are Geoff and Shaun Marsh the first father and son to play for Australia in ODIs?

asked Brett McDonald from Melbourne

They are indeed. Shaun Marsh followed up his success as the leading run-scorer in the Indian Premier League by scoring 81 - and taking the Man of the Match award - on his one-day international debut for Australia against West Indies in St Vincent last week. Shaun's father, Geoff Marsh, played 117 ODIs between 1985-86 and the 1991-92 World Cup. There have only been nine other father-and-son combinations in ODIs: Chris and Stuart and Broad (England); Lance and Chris Cairns (New Zealand); Colin and Chris Cowdrey (England); Sunil and Rohan Gavaskar (India); Ron and Dean Headley (Ron for West Indies, Dean for England); Majid and Bazid Khan (Pakistan); David and Graham Lloyd (England); Don and Derek Pringle (Don for East Africa, Derek for England); and Yograj and Yuvraj Singh (India).

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/358342.html