What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All quiet on the forum

I have noticed lately the frequency of posts on the forum has decreased dramatically considering the time of year & with so much at stake.Four to go & theoretically we could be end up being minor premiers but i very much doubt it.The general consensus appears to be not many are excited & expectations are quite low.But we all have that glimmer of hope that the unexpected can be obtained.If nothing else it is all about pride now.Where there is a will there is a way.Lets get behind this team & i am not suggesting that you dont and maybe just maybe they can rise to the occassion at hand.

super_coach

First Grade
I have noticed lately the frequency of posts on the forum has decreased dramatically considering the time of year & with so much at stake.Four to go & theoretically we could be end up being minor premiers but i very much doubt it.The general consensus appears to be not many are excited & expectations are quite low.But we all have that glimmer of hope that the unexpected can be obtained.If nothing else it is all about pride now.Where there is a will there is a way.Lets get behind this team & i am not suggesting that you dont and maybe just maybe they can rise to the occassion at hand.

Most posters on this board are actually realists and have been long term supporters of either the tigers or wests and came together with the merger. We know the difference between crap and quality and 2010 has been mostly crap. It would be nice to get another fairy tale finish in 2010 but that is not going to happen

Magpies Forever

Juniors
For myself I hope WT do well but have come to expect the worst. I just cant get excited anymore with WT under Teflon, but having said that do support them each game and want them to win, just the passion is asleep. I'm sure it will reawaken wiht a new regime there at WT. I am so over Sheens.

Edit- perhaps the best way I can say it- I love the players and the club (and its history as a merge, and seperately the Magpies and the Tigers) BUT I am so over Teflon, his cronies and a mesmerised WT board accepting of mediocrity.

Last edited:
Super Coach whilst i agree with your philosophy on reality, it is now up to all players to instill some pride & passion into there underperforming achievements thus far.We have to play with what he have, it is now to late for more experiments.The time has come for these players to stand up & be accountable.In the not to distant future they will be unable to rely on Sheens being there to give them an arm chair ride into the side thank god.We have shown in glimpses what we are capable of,it is there.We need a good solid 80 minute effort against the Panthers to get some confidence back.Every one knows what a little confidence can do for you,it brings back self respect and then & only then can you do what your truly capable of.Tigers by 12 tommorrow.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Super Coach whilst i agree with your philosophy on reality, it is now up to all players to instill some pride & passion into there underperforming achievements thus far.We have to play with what he have, it is now to late for more experiments.The time has come for these players to stand up & be accountable.In the not to distant future they will be unable to rely on Sheens being there to give them an arm chair ride into the side thank god.We have shown in glimpses what we are capable of,it is there.We need a good solid 80 minute effort against the Panthers to get some confidence back.Every one knows what a little confidence can do for you,it brings back self respect and then & only then can you do what your truly capable of.Tigers by 12 tommorrow.

What we need is for someone to write in the media that they aren't up to it like what happened before the Parramatta game earlier this year. Seems to be the only time they aim up, because Sheen's can't get them to.

Borat.

Juniors
I think it comes from our decision to put away the flashy play and banning flick passes etc....until we qualify for the finals.
I thought the sharkies game would see a turn in our form but I think the next 3 games will - the players are waiting for a challenge - normally we burn out at this time of year but I can see things clicking into gear- we will win 3 out of 4.... top 4 for sure

Borat.

Juniors
Sick of his repetitive whinging....fair enough if you have a beef but on and on and on with the same sh*t

macnaz

Staff member
With more wins like today , we may start to get exited. Plenty of negative things in todays win but also a big improvement as well, hopefully that is the start of good things ahead.

Eddie.

Bench
Best win for a long time. Hopefully starts up a bit of momentum in terms of 80 minute performances.

gallagher

Juniors
The players efforts were way better than previous performances. Similar game plan though I would have thought.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
For starters we played with two props off the bench, so it wasn't the same game plan as previous matches against Penrith.

Perth Tiger

Bench
For myself I hope WT do well but have come to expect the worst. I just cant get excited anymore with WT under Teflon, but having said that do support them each game and want them to win, just the passion is asleep. I'm sure it will reawaken wiht a new regime there at WT. I am so over Sheens.

Edit- perhaps the best way I can say it- I love the players and the club (and its history as a merge, and seperately the Magpies and the Tigers) BUT I am so over Teflon, his cronies and a mesmerised WT board accepting of mediocrity.

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Even the wife said during the game yesterday that this year has been the most sedate I have ever been watching the Tigers. I have just had enough of Sheens and his antics.

But in saying that I still watch them every week, despite the riduclous times they are sometimes shown in WA and still ride every try and dropped ball, I have just toned down the ranting and raving :D

gronkathon

First Grade
Good win.

I never want to see old man Skando in the side again though.

He gives it his all and tries. His defensive was good but he gets hammered every hitup and never looked like breaking the advantage line if anything he hit the ground as soon as the defence touched him. Schirnack, Moors Ranieri etc could all do the same thing but offer something with the ball in hand