What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Time Raiders Team

Angel Of Death

Juniors
Heres my all time Raiders team

FB - Gary Belcher
W - Brett Mullins
C - Mal Meninga (C)
C - Peter Jackson RIP
W - Chicka Ferguson
5/8 - Laurie Daley
HB - Ricky Stuart
L - Brad Clyde
SR - Ruben Wiki
SR - Jason Croker
FR - Glenn Lazarus
H - Steve Walters
FR - John Lomax
----------------------
Kevin Walters
David Furner
Quentin Pongia
Brent Todd

any differences?

Anonymous

Juniors
Hmmmm I'd need Kenny in my all time team, though not sure where.

Also Noa was instumental in getting me to follow the Raiders and Brett did his best work for us at fullback so I think those two changes aswell.

greeneyed

First Grade
No way that Belcher is not our best ever full back. He is by a mile.

How about Vautin today saying Buderus is better than Walters? What a complete joke!!!!!!!!!

Edwahu

Bench
1. Belcher
2. Chicka
3. Big Mal
4. Jackson
5. Mullins
6. Lozza
7. Stuart
8. Davico
9. Walters
10. Lazarus
11. Wiki
12. Furner
13. Clyde

14. Toots
15. Osullivan
16. Backo
17. Lance

Good time for this topic since I just watched tapes of the 89 and 90 grand finals :)
One thing that really stood out was how good Chicka and Belcher were. Badge probably should have got the chuchill in 89. We still had the curse of the crap threequarter in those days, Paul Martin made Boogas look good with his effort in 90 :lol:

Davico might get some debate but he has really peformed to rep level since 2000 where as most of our other props really only put in at most a couple of good seasons. Jackson is lucky but he was our best player for the couple of seasons he was with us. I thought about putting Toots in his place but he was never really a center and Wiki has to start in the backrow after his last two seasons. Schif would be pushing for a spot soon too.

greeneyed

First Grade
Don't ever compare Martin to Boogas!!!!!!!!! Martin was a good player. Schif won't ever surpass Belcher or Mullins, I'm afraid.

Edwahu

Bench
If you are willing to pick players out of position he could find his way onto the wing with Jacko benched. I dont think anyone will ever surpass Belcher for fullback.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
I hate and love this topic!

G Belcher
B Mullins
M Meninga (c)
R Wiki
J Ferguson
L Daley
R Stuart
B Todd
S Walters
G Lazarus
D Furner
B Kennedy
B Clyde

J Croker
P Jackson
S Backo
Q Pongia

unlucky: N Nadruku, G Coyne, D Lance, M McLinden.

Others have been great players but given who was picked in their position, they just really couldn't enter calculations - the unlucky guys had a shot or were a chance at the bench. McLinden might surprise some but i tellya in his rookie year the kid was amazing.

greeneyed

First Grade
I have posted mine in a previous similar thread. So I won't do it again. I wouldn't want to be inconsistent.

Anonymous

Juniors
Hmmmm despite what I said about Mullins before I've had a think and I must agree with everyone else on that one.

Anyway, here's my side:

1-G.Belcher
2-B.Mullins
3-M.Meninga
4-K.Nagas
5-J.Ferguson
6-L.Daley
7-A.McFadden, er, R.Stuart
8-G.Lazarus
9-S.Walters
10-J.Lomax
11-R.Wiki
12-D.Furner
13-B.Clyde

14-J.Croker
15-L.Davico
16-Q.Pongia
17-N.Nadruku

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
To try something different, On players i have enjoyed watching over the years here is my team.

1. C Schifcofske
2. B Mullins
3. M Meninga (c)
4. N Nadruku
5. K Nagas
6. L Daley
7. R Stuart
8. R O'Hara
9. S Walters
10. L Davico
11. R Wiki
12. D Furner
13. B Clyde

14. J Croker
15. G Lazarus
16. S Woolford
17. M McLinden

Imagine that team running out onto Canberra Stadium in 2004 at full strength (in there day) ;-)

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
1. Belcher
2. Mullins
3. Meninga
4. Negas
5. Nadruku
6. Daley
7. Stuart
8. Lazarus
9. Walters
10. Davico
11. Wiki
12. Croker (the version from the early 90's with all the speed)
13. Clyde

14. Lomax
15. Pongia
16. Todd
17. Furner

It may have a modern look but I never saw Ferguson and don't really remember Coyne.

woodgers

Bench
I would have the same backline as Angel of Death. I would have Backo instead of Lomax and O'Sullivan instead of Kevin Walters.

Ken Nagas :arrow: Good player. Not better than Jackson and co.

reptar

Juniors
1. Belcher
2. Mullins
3. Mal
4. Jacko
5. Chicka
6. Loz
7. Sticky
13. Clyde
12. Wiki
11. Furner
10. The Brick
9. Walters
8. Davico

14. O'Sullivan
15. Backo
16. Lance
17. Coyne

1. Belcher (over Mullins because he was less injury prone)
2. Furgeson
3. Meninga
4. Mullins (toss up between him and jackson, but jacko didn't play many years down here)
5. Nagas
6. Daley
7. Stuart
8. Lazuras
9. Walters
10. Wiki
11. Croker
12. Furner
13. Clyde@

14. Lance
15. O'Sullivan
16. Coyne
17. Davico

Angel Of Death

Juniors
twistedbydesign said:
worst bands of all time

1. slayer.

best band of all time

1. Slayer

..btw I too am a fan of Strung Out, I have most of their albums signed and Ive seen them twice... but no chance in hell they are better than Slayer.

Mullins was a legend but he only really had a handful of really great seasons (in 94 he may have been the best FB id ever seen over a whole season). Belcher is immortal

Latest posts