What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alleged Tigers Sex Scandal

League 'Mad Monday' sex assault claim

Jano Gibson and Jessica Halloran
September 6, 2006 - 3:11PM

A Sydney NRL club's end-of-season "Mad Monday" celebrations have ended in an alleged sexual assault, it was reported this afternoon.
Up to four Wests Tigers players are alleged to be involved in a sexual assault after Mad Monday celebrations.

Two women are believed to have made complaints against the players.
The alleged assault is said to have taken place at an apartment in Five Dock.

A police spokeswoman would not confirm a rugby league player - or players - were involved in the alleged incident.

However, she did say: "There's an investigation into an alleged sexual assault at Five Dock and a report was made on Monday by a 26-year-old female to Parramatta police that she has alleged that she may have been sexually assaulted at a unit in Five Dock."

The spokeswoman said the Child Protection and Sex Crime squads as well as Burwood detectives were investigating the matter.
West Tigers, the reigning premiers, finished their season in eleventh spot

bjm8

Juniors
A girl thinks she MAY have been assaulted in an apartment block that is also the home to some tigers players and officials. what a fun ride this going to be.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The official forum won't even let you discuss it.

That's pathetic. Why don't they just close that place down?

Hope this is not true.

tigergal

Juniors
this is my worst nightmare. As someone said on official forum, id trade 10 years of wooden spoons to make this not have happened. I really hope it is not true or i will lose my love of the tigers and most definately players involved forever.

smeghead

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
The official forum won't even let you discuss it.

That's pathetic. Why don't they just close that place down?

Hope this is not true.

We would love to have proper discussion on the official forum.

However it is the official forum and we have already had several numbskulls try to post player names in various threads and we cannot allow that to happen as it would be to the detriment of the club, the players and the forum community.

I would have hoped people would understand that and there is always other sources for rumour. Obviously common sense does not prevail to you

Its only "allegations" at this stage, and although the media & simpletons are gonna go into a frenzy over this, those with a level head see it for what it is currently - allegations.

I feel for the supporters of the Tigers, and I for one aint gonna be making any judgements unless someone is actually convicted of a crime here.

I hope for all your sakes it aint true - but if it is whoever is responsible should be punished to the full level of the law.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
smeghead said:

However it is the official forum and we have already had several numbskulls try to post player names in various threads and we cannot allow that to happen as it would be to the detriment of the club, the players and the forum community.

I would have hoped people would understand that and there is always other sources for rumour. Obviously common sense does not prevail to you

There is no such thing as "proper discussion" on that forum. Ever.

This issue aside.

smeghead

Bench
Sorry you feel that way.

Simple answer is don't go on there if it displeases you so much.

If you like I can ask for your account to be removed if that is what you would like

Balmain_Boy

smeghead said:

Why not just set guidelines of what is and isn't appropriate? If people were willing to flaunt those guidelines, they'd be just as willing to flaunt your current directive of no discussion whatsoever wouldn't they? If a directive of no discussion stops them, surely guidelines would as well?

smeghead

Bench
You would think it would but unfortunatley we only have interim control in some aspects of the forum. Initially several pages of rumour just flung up onto the forum in several topics. We at that time chose to enforce a zero tolerance policy to make it managable and locked and deleted topics accordingly.

Since we did this the club issued an edict that no discussion is to be entered into whilst a criminal investigation is underway. Therefore no longer our decision.

I would have liked to think that after the initial shock and outrage that we would have been able to have a decent discussion on the subject. Sadly it is out of our hands

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If there's issues with another forum, perhaps you could send them an email guys.

With respect, LU are not interested in this forum being used as a vent or a disccusison area for sorting out problems you may have on other sites.

In the meantime, you're more than welcomed to stick with the subject matter - and you're also welcomed to abide by the rules as they stand with this website.

Thank you.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's cool BB. No need to apologise. :thumn

Now, back to the topic...

chopsy_05

Juniors
I think what us as Tigers fans need to remember is the keyword in all of this is ALLEDGED. We live in a time where it is deemed cool to drink to excess and party drugs are virtually excepted and unfortunately we also live in a time where people wake up in places and immediately think the worst. Over the next few days I'm sure we're going to hear rumours and stories about what may or may not have happened that night. When toxicology reports come back showing a date rape drug of any description I will worry until then well it's just damaging innuendo.

Balmain_Boy

Exactly. The best thing is that the victim isn't sure anything happened either - she's alleging that she MAY have been raped.That's more encouraging than other past situations where the allegations have been at specific players and the victim alleges they remember the event.

Fingers crossed for all involved.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
Exactly. The best thing is that the victim isn't sure anything happened either - she's alleging that she MAY have been raped.That's more encouraging than other past situations where the allegations have been at specific players and the victim alleges they remember the event.

Fingers crossed for all involved.

thats correct according to the media at this stage, as destinct from an alleged rape

I guess there is a small technical difference, but none of the report are calling it an alleged rape at this stage

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=12029

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=12028

Balmain_Boy

Twiz, I don't think it's only a technical difference. It's a substantial difference. In a case where an unequivocal allegation is made, providing the alleged victim can be trusted (and of course i'm not iterating this is not the case), there is no doubt a rape occurred. In this case even the alleged victim seems to be aknowleging that there may not have been a rape.

If that were to be the case it would be the best situation for all concerned.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I hope you're right

its the last thing RL needs atm

might see a lot of clubs ban mad monday just out of paranoia

Latest posts