What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternate Kangaroos

Real fans? There you go again, putting yourself and people here on some sort of pedestal. They're no more important to League than the "Gird's Groupies".

legend said:
I disagree. The real fans or die hards are the people who are the season ticket holders, the ones who frequent the websites looking for any news they can get and the ones who run the websites. :lol:

I disagree, sort of. No team has a huge amount of season ticket holders and the people apart from those die-hards are just as important. No club would survive on season ticket holders, they don't make up the majority of any Club's fans at any matches, unless you're Easts or Souths. I'd like to see the figures on season ticket holders v crowd figures, it would be interesting. I doubt that season tickets would cover basic costs at a game.

There is a cut off point at every game which is the point at which the club makes money from a match, the costs and ticket prices are pretty much set. It would be reasonably easy to work it out too. I doubt that the figure for any club is less than 10,000 paying fans (including season ticket holders).

legend said:
To me, they are the heart and soul or the backbone of the game. They are the ones who give league a pulse and constant heartbeat and yes I do have them on a pedestal because without the die hards, the game would not exist.

I don't know about that. Maybe you're right but die hards, especially those that have worked out how to use the net are very demanding and very demonstrative when they feel they deserve something. They're a pain in the arse.

They don't listen to reason either. lol

The non die hards are less demanding and happy to go to the odd game or a few games every season. They're less maintenance.

Wests Tigers are a good example, Campbelltown gets 5 matches next year and so does Leichhardt, they win a few games early and they'll pack both grounds. The die hard will be there no matter what but not a lot of supporters will go to all 11 matches (1 at a double header).

It's also degrees of die hard that is relevant, can someone be a die hard fan living too far away to go to the games? Or too broke to go?

Loan me a quid so I can go to Leichhardt next year?

legend said:
Fairweather fans and groupies come and go but the die hards are the ones who are there every season, going to the trial matches, travelling thousands of k's to see their team. They are the real fans and I bet almost every member of this forum has a story to tell.

I'm sure they do, all you've got to do it squeeze those stories out of them.

Azkatro

First Grade
I think I'm lost - I thought I was in the NRL forum, but this looks a hell of a lot like the Souths forum! :lol:

Seriously, lads - a few words of banter I can understand, but you guys are really at ends here. Give up being keyboard heroes, swap phone numbers and sort it out there. Do us all a favour :lol:

Azkatro said:
I think I'm lost - I thought I was in the NRL forum, but this looks a hell of a lot like the Souths forum! :lol:

Seriously, lads - a few words of banter I can understand, but you guys are really at ends here. Give up being keyboard heroes, swap phone numbers and sort it out there. Do us all a favour :lol:

The Souths Forum is about as attractive as head lice at the moment. A couple of shit stirring Balmain blokes looking for easy targets. Makes me wish I followed Souths.... No it doesn't.

This is a discussion board and there's two pig headed arseholes having a discussion.

Leave us to our misery. lol