What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one …

Bengal

Juniors
That is annoyed with the ‘look’ of the Channel Nine TV coverage.

I’m specifically referring to the scoreboard being down the bottom of the screen and the endless displaying of meaningless statistics.

I read an article where Channel Nine called these innovations.

If it carries on this way we’ll just get more and more good-for-nothing stats thrust upon as, not to mention more get-in-the-way SMS garbage and the like.

I don’t like it!

Am I the only one?

dimitri

First Grade
channel 9 is a disgrace

but i think you are being a bit harsh on the sms competitions they are a good idea

their coverage was terrible

no pre-match entertainment

no presentation in some states

and too much of the same boring faces

Bengal

Juniors
I would have no problem with the SMS stuff, along with onscreen ads, even stats if they were scheduled right.

In the modern game there is plenty of breaks in play where they could put on those things - Video ref, kicks at goal, injury breaks etc.

These are where they should put these things, not while the game is playing.

I'm all for increasing the games revenue streams if its done right!

Otherwise we'll get to the stage where possible newcomers watching the game will say something like 'gee great game, well, what I managed to see of it!' or something along those lines.

salivor

First Grade
I think fox have the best set up with the bar across the bottom. The only complaint is that their clock winds down to zero which is annoying.

I thought 9 had it right with their old setup of the black transperent box in the top left hand corner. Lets face it not much info is needed, All we need is the teams, the score, the time and the tackle count.

Bengal

Juniors
salivor said:
I think fox have the best set up with the bar across the bottom. The only complaint is that their clock winds down to zero which is annoying.

I thought 9 had it right with their old setup of the black transperent box in the top left hand corner. Lets face it not much info is needed, All we need is the teams, the score, the time and the tackle count.

Yep I agree

I had no problems with the coverage by Ch9 until they introduced the cross bar camera. The quality of the pictures are terrible. My web cam has better resolution.

Wish they have Ref Cam like they do in the NFL. If they did I think those guys bagging the Refs will have a better understanding of what the refs can & can't see.

MEE

Juniors
Whinge whinge whinge. Why don't you all take your own video camera and record the bloody match yourselfs if it's so bad. People are starving all over the world and your complaining about how Channel nine covers a Rugby League game. Spoilt brats, the whole lot of you.

Bengal

Juniors
my eagle eye said:
Whinge whinge whinge. Why don't you all take your own video camera and record the bloody match yourselfs if it's so bad. People are starving all over the world and your complaining about how Channel nine covers a Rugby League game. Spoilt brats, the whole lot of you.

Oh you’ve sussed me.

Yep I’m the biggest whiner in the Universe.

Ya know I should unplug my computer, sell it and pass the proceeds on to help the starving.

Hold on – I’m too spoilt to do that!

I made a bundle backing My Eagle Eye to win the Sydney Cup a few years back, damn, should’ve used that money to buy a video camera.

salivor

First Grade
The cross bar cam is a joke, not because of its pictures but because where they have placed the bloody thing. I thought it was inside the cross bar at first but its actually taped up in the corner.
Did they not put any thought behind it? What if a player kicks a drop goal and it nicks the cross bar cam and bounces back giving that team possession again? If the thing wasn't there the ball would keep going and go dead. Theres potential for it to interfere with the game, it may be one in a million but if they have it there long enough it will happen.

Raider_69

Post Whore
salivor said:
The cross bar cam is a joke, not because of its pictures but because where they have placed the bloody thing. I thought it was inside the cross bar at first but its actually taped up in the corner.
Did they not put any thought behind it? What if a player kicks a drop goal and it nicks the cross bar cam and bounces back giving that team possession again? If the thing wasn't there the ball would keep going and go dead. Theres potential for it to interfere with the game, it may be one in a million but if they have it there long enough it will happen.

that was my exact thought when i saw the position of the camera, its not a big chance, but should it happen, oppisition fans would call for head to roll

Grantwhy

Juniors
my eagle eye said:
Whinge whinge whinge. Why don't you all take your own video camera and record the bloody match yourselfs if it's so bad.

because security comes over and takes your video camera away. I *have* seen it happen ;-)

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
they fit a small camera into the stumps at the cricket, surely they can fit a small camera into the actual cross bar, instead of it hanging off....

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
salivor said:

Well I don't know about your odds.
Think about what percetage two uprights are of the total width of the field. Yet how many times do they get struck?
It's going to happen.

Aries

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
salivor said:

Well I don't know about your odds.
Think about what percetage two uprights are of the total width of the field. Yet how many times do they get struck?
It's going to happen.

Maybe they need to do alla cricket and put them IN the upright and IN the crossbar...

eastsrule

Bench
yje do it hanging off so that they can move the camera during play. If you had a stationary camera in the cross bar, it would be ineffective for some things.

I like it except for the quality.

Watching the captain lecture his players close up looks awesome.

salivor

First Grade
eastsrule, if it costs your team a vital game I somehow don't think you'll like the image of your captain lecturing his players as the opposition lines up to take the winning kick.

socksie

Juniors
the crossbar cam should be goooooooonne cuz the quality is crap and you might as well just watch on the normal cameras.

channel 9 claimed they were running out of time to show meatloaf + other pre-show ent and it was important to show the scott sattler article so they did that and cut the rest.

and again the boring pre-match chatter with the same boring faces and one damn ugly face who kinda reminded me of gus

t-ba

Post Whore
What really P*sses me off about Ch.9 is the BLOODY REPLAYS!!!!!

It's not bad enough that they show them while the game is being played, but they show the play in slow frikken motion...By the time their done, Bucket-A*se has kicked a touch finder and Dropsy Tahu has...well...dropped it, ON THE THRID FRIKKEN TACKLE!!!! And then we have to watch a slow motion replay of that!!!!

Azkatro

First Grade
blue and red socks said:
channel 9 claimed they were running out of time to show meatloaf + other pre-show ent and it was important to show the scott sattler article so they did that and cut the rest.

Typical - Channel 9 would rather peddle pre match entertainment that they themselves created and funded rather than show something better that the NRL would have paid for.

I too agree that the FOX sports in-game scoreboard is light years ahead of Nine's. It may not share the same design creds, but for functionality it can't be beat. You can jump into a game at any point in time and know exactly what's happening - score, time remaining (which I prefer), who's been binned or sent off, full names of teams (not necessary for us diehards but more accessible to a casual observer).

dimitri

First Grade
there is speculation that channel 9 wont be showing the test match

of aus v nz

if this is the case then they should have their tv rights stripped immediately

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: