What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one …

Agent Mulder

Bench
dimitri said:
no pre-match entertainment

Your not the only one pissed about that mate.
In todays Tele..Heaps of people are giving it to Channel 9 over no pre-match entertainment.

There saying now that for next year...its just going to be cheap bands and the like Which i feel is a shame for the people who like all that Pre-match stuff.

I mean after last years Billy Idol stuff up...you would think Ch 9 would of shown Meatloaf as he is da man!

Bengal

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
What really P*sses me off about Ch.9 is the BLOODY REPLAYS!!!!!

It's not bad enough that they show them while the game is being played, but they show the play in slow frikken motion...By the time their done, Bucket-A*se has kicked a touch finder and Dropsy Tahu has...well...dropped it, ON THE THRID FRIKKEN TACKLE!!!! And then we have to watch a slow motion replay of that!!!!

This used to be something that really p*ssed me off big time as well!

I must say they haven't being as bad as they used to be, well not channel 9 anyway.

Watching Bathurst yesterday I couldn't help but notice how they were able to split the screen so that while they were doing live interviews, the race was still being shown so we were missing nothing!

I can't understand why it's not done in League, the technology is obviously there. Is it patented or something so that only channel 10 can use it?

Unlike others I don't mind the crossbar camera, it's in its infancy so it will only get better. If the ball does hit the camera it'll be no different than when the ball hits the goal post pads. After all those things are heaps bigger than what they were a decade or so ago.

The al bundy telestrataa and the end on camera I find more annoying than the crossbar cam.

Not to mention those meaningless player stats that pop up way to often on our screens and those sponsored ads disguised as competitions.

I say again there's plenty of breaks in play where they can show stats or show case competitions.

So why don't they?
Is everything computerised or something?

Have they worked out that showing ads or stats during "play" is more effective than during "breaks" in play or something?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Lyon said:
dimitri said:
no pre-match entertainment

Your not the only one pissed about that mate.
In todays Tele..Heaps of people are giving it to Channel 9 over no pre-match entertainment.

There saying now that for next year...its just going to be cheap bands and the like Which i feel is a shame for the people who like all that Pre-match stuff.

I mean after last years Billy Idol stuff up...you would think Ch 9 would of shown Meatloaf as he is da man!

They did show Meatloaf, but he was ordinary that night. Im p*ssed off they didnt show Hoodo Gurus, the band that gave us that great NRL Theme and they didnt show it. Instead they show the panel talking about the whole "bla bla bla" BORRRRING, plus we couldnt hear properly cause of the sounds of the PRE-GAME ENTERTAINMENT!!!.

I wouldve rather seen Kelly Clarkson sing on TV, than those gooses off Channel 9, talking about the same things theyve been saying for the last hour or so.

Bengal

Juniors
I don't think we need stats.
Save them for half or full time.
Most are meaningless.

Give an inch take a mile.
That is the thing I really dislike about stats is that they'll eventually bombard us with more and more.
It’ll seep in a little bit more each year, hardly noticeable to the average League fan as they will be used to it.

But to the casual observer it will be an eyesore - making the game even harder to sell to newcomers.
All for something we’ve never needed before and frankly we could easily do without now!