What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one not excited anymore?

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
yer im startin to just not worry about it, idon't know if sidhe and hes knows this but "people are losing interest it's taking so long"

Goleel

Juniors
If it ever does. I am considering going back to Games Wizards to get my $5 deposit back.

Yeah, you go and do that. Don't get the game because it might be a few weeks late, that's the way. You should all go and take a long hard look at yourselves, and take your cynicism somewhere it is actually wanted.

Sidhe and HES deserve as much respect as we can give them, yet you all just keep wanting more and more from them. Has ANY other developer you've ever seen come out into the community, despite the abuse and crap they get from here now, to give the fans info about the game? No, they haven't. We've been treated very well by Sidhe, far better than some of us deserve, and you blokes are giving them shit still? Give them a break. Imagine if Mario had never come onto any online forums at all. All we'd have would be whats at the TruBlu site, imagine how many questions would remain unanswered. Imagine having to check that site every day just hoping for new info or a release date! We have it bloody good, and the very least Sidhe, HES and Mario deserve is a bit of respect from us and a bit of consideration and patience with the release date.

In other words, stop giving Sidhe, HES and Mario shit. Stop coming up with crap like this bloke has above, I hope you do cancel your pre-order, the game comes out late October, sells out straight away and you are stuck waiting until December for a copy while everyone here gushes about the game and how great it is, all because you thought you were above the developers of the game and by cancelling your pre-order you were making some kind of big stand to the developers to announce a release date that is beyond their control anyway.

Go_ze_doggies

Juniors
yeah well all I said was that it was taking too long, and that im just not gonna worry about it and when it comes out i will be happy and excited like everyone else

miccle

Bench
WELL SAID gol!! Mario and the other guys involved have been absolutely awesome to come here and do this much work for us. Let's face it - what will an extra month really do to us? We've waited for 7 years so far, so let's cut them some slack! I know that no matter what the wait, we're all going to be on here as soon as the game comes out, ranting and raving about how damn good it is!

Dragon

Coach
EELectrocuted said:
i wonder if sidhe will use motion capture next year? lets see how not using it turned out.

Eel, Rugby 2004 used motion capture and look at it, its dog sh*t. Pro evo soccer uses animations instead of motion crapture, and it sh*ts on fifa.

Special K

Coach
I think the fact that you are not watching league on tv has a little to do with your feelings.

I still want this game as much as ever, I just wish it would be out soon 8) .

supersoniceagle

Juniors
By all means I still want the game and I'm really glad that a rugby league game is being released, but i'm just tired of waiting. This isn't anything against HES or Sidhe or whoever, I think they've done a great job

Raider_69

Post Whore
like everyone else im growing waery of waiting, mainly because there no footy on to occupy me.... but im not going to star complain about it untill at least 2nd week Novemeber, if it aint out by then (which im certin it will) i wont be a happy chappy

remember that Mario has told us numerios times that it will be MID to LATE october, not EARLY TO MID october..... at the most it will be 1 more month, good things cme to those who wait!

and Mac shuttup you idiot! WE HAVE WAITED 7 YEARS FFS! on emore month wont kill us..... if it wernt for SIDHE/HES we could be possible facing another long 7 year wait

Monkey

Juniors
I think the 7 year excuse is a bit overused now aswell. if u look at it, HES /SIDHE aren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. there a business, looking to make money. OUR MONEY. so like any business, if they wanna keep their customers, they've got to be professional. They have been good up to a few weeks ago but now nothing. and before everyone starts going on about mario this and mario that, i am not having a go at him, its the game makers/publishers as a whole

Mario

Juniors
Monkey said:
I think the 7 year excuse is a bit overused now aswell. if u look at it, HES /SIDHE aren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. there a business, looking to make money. OUR MONEY. so like any business, if they wanna keep their customers, they've got to be professional. They have been good up to a few weeks ago but now nothing. and before everyone starts going on about mario this and mario that, i am not having a go at him, its the game makers/publishers as a whole

I have more important things to do right now than wade through the argumentative posts on this board looking to add value.

Providing information and answering questions was done out of the goodness of our hearts - we didn't have to do it anywhere near the extent that we have. But you just said it yourself in this post, we have a business to run, and thats hard to do when trying to answer the digital equivalent of 200 phone calls a day.

The assumption of people that the project is in trouble or that we no longer care just because our ability to interact has been limited due to other commitments just confirms my fear that we were perhaps overzealous in our attempts to respond to fan requests, and that some people are now spoilt as a result.

If you actually think you are harddone by now with the present "lack of information", try to remember back to exactly twelve months ago when the sum total of all the knowledge you had on the game was

a) it was based on rugby league
b) it was coming out for PS2 and PC

The ONLY thing people don't know about this game now is the release date. This is a piece of information which, despite popular belief, I do not even know myself.

You may now continue with your regularly scheduled complaints...

Monkey

Juniors
bloody ell, try n put somethin constructive n u get shot down. I wrote a sensible question in another thread and you didnt answer it. simaler to on other forums i looked at today when u answered ever question nbut the one saying 'can u tell me what the delay is'. So if you want to stop the complainin, answer the question. I aint gonna kiss your arse mario, i've been polite enough but ur starting to piss me off

Mario

Juniors
Monkey said:
bloody ell, try n put somethin constructive n u get shot down. I wrote a sensible question in another thread and you didnt answer it. simaler to on other forums i looked at today when u answered ever question nbut the one saying 'can u tell me what the delay is'. So if you want to stop the complainin, answer the question. I aint gonna kiss your arse mario, i've been polite enough but ur starting to piss me off

I'm not about to start posting commercially sensitive information on a public forum.

People can complain all they want for all I care, so continue if you must. I, on the other hand, have a sense of professional integrity to maintain.

Monkey

Juniors
So why didnt u say that before. 'Sorry, but i am unable to release the date, due to company restrictions'. As for professional integrity, doesn't that include being polite to customers. We've all got jobs too, and we all get shit at times, thats where the integrity bit comes in

Mario

Juniors
Monkey said:
So why didnt u say that before. 'Sorry, but i am unable to release the date, due to company restrictions'.

That has nothing to do with commercial sensitivity. I have said numerous times before I cannot provide a date because I do not know it yet.

The sticky "Notice - The Release Date Thread" thread addresses this in case you missed it.

Monkey said:
As for professional integrity, doesn't that include being polite to customers. We've all got jobs too, and we all get sh*t at times, thats where the integrity bit comes in

Please point out the post where I have been impolite to anyone. Ever.

Monkey

Juniors
All I'll say is there is a definate change of attitude in your posts of this forum, basically sayin again and again ' you lot are arguing too much, and i dont give a shit about giving you any more info'. whilst we get other ppl from other forums u have posted on apparently giving us PROMISED release dates. not sayin there correct, but its seems like double standards against this board