What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amnesia fan?

Forget mates, family or suburb, pretend you are a loner from distant land.

You watch a couple of episodes of the Footy Show, something is shown to grasp your awareness of this sport.

There is only one minor problem.

Who would you support?

If you found yourself culture free on the Rugby League do's and don'ts and had a opportunity to start supporting a club with a 'clean-conscience' who would it be?

The only rule is you can't pick the club you currently support now.

Try to be honest (please)?

Raider_69

Post Whore
id say Penrith being the local area, when i originally choose canberra as my team, my love for the local area wasnt nearly as strong as it is today, understandable given i was 5 at the time. But if i were to start following a team today with no prior league knowledge, it'd be penrith

ozzie

Bench
Penrith for me..I couldn't follow Bulldogs nor Souths - I am not a masochist or into self flagellation

skeepe

Immortal
If I was watching the footy show as the original post suggests it'd be the Roosters or the Dragons... they're the only team that exists right?

innsaneink

Referee
Even though Souths are my 2nd fav, always have been....Id find it hard to be impressed enough right now with all the in fighting going on.

While I admire the Cowboys...even if I were an ignorant from a distant land, the QLD angle would still put me off.

Probably Penrith, the crowds at PP in recent years on a Fri & Say nite have been more than footy crowds, theyre like a festive, country town type special occasion do.....it all looks like a lot of fun.

choc_soldier

Coach
Indeed it is insaneink, I love the home crowds at Penrith Stadium. But that may be said with a hint of bias. ;)

Hoggy

Bench
Probably St.George. Have been to WIN Stadium and it had a really good atmosphere, very family orientated.

yobbo84

Coach
Hmm interesting thread.

I guess if I had no prior knowledge, I'd probably base my selection on the brand of football the team plays coupled with the passion/support displayed by the fans. I'd want supporting the team to be fun.

For this reason, I'd choose the Cowboys.

Latest posts