What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Playoff Picture

Tomahawk

Staff member
AMNRL Playoff Picture After Week 6

Glen Mills Bulls – Have played 5 matches, still has to makeup game with the MantaRays.

Record – 5 wins and 0 losses

Still have to play – Slayers (Home), Axeman (Home), MantaRays (War At The Shore), and Sharks (Away). They will also play Cambridge University July 19th (Home)

Prediction – If they finish the regular season undefeated they will get the number 1 seed and have the crucial bye the first playoff week, and a home game for week 2 of the playoffs against the lowest seeded winner.

New York Knights – Have played 5 matches.

Record – 4 wins, 1 tie, and 1 bye

Still have to play – Raiders (Home), Warriors (Home), Wildcats (Home). They are scheduled to play Utah at The War At The Shore.

Prediction – If they can win the rest of their matches and but up more points then the Wildcats, and have teams score less points then the Wildcats they will get the number 2 seed in the playoffs. This means they would play the number 7th seed team at New York. If they win the rest of their matches and loose to the Wildcats they would get the number 3 seed and play the 6th seed at home.

Connecticut Wildcats - Have played 5 matches.

Record – 4 wins, 1 tie, and 1 bye

Still have to play – Braves (Home), Warriors (At The War At The Shore), Knights (Away).

Prediction – If they win the rest of their matches and can score more points then then Knights, and have less points scored on them then the Knights they would get the number 2 seed and a home playoff match against the 7th seed. If they loose to the Knights in New York and win the rest of the matched they will

New Jersey Sharks – Have played 6 matches

Record – 4 Wins and 2 losses

Still have to play – Fight (Home), Slayers (Away), Axeman (War At The Shore), Bulls (Home)

Prediction – As of right now they would have the number 4th seed playoff spot and have to play the number 5 seed team at home. Depending on their record they could end up with the 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th seed.

Jacksonville Axeman – Have played 6 matches.

Record – 4 wins and 2 losses.

Still have to play – MantaRays (Home), Bulls (Away), Sharks (War At The Shore), Fight (Home)

Prediction - As of right now they would have the number 5th seed playoff spot and have to play the number 4 seed team playing away. Depending on their record they could end up with the 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th seed.

D.C. Slayers – Have played 6 matches.

Recorded – 3 Wins and 3 losses

Still have top play – Bulls (Away) Sharks (Home), Fight (War At The Shore), MantaRays (Home)

Prediction - As of right now they would have the number 5 seed playoff spot and have to play the number 3 seed team playing away. Depending on their record they could end up with the 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th seed.

New Haven Warriors – Have played 6 matches

Recorded – 2 Wins, 2 losses, and 2 byes.

Still have to play – Braves (Away), Knights (Away), Wildcats (War At The Shore), Raiders (Home).

Prediction - As of right now they would have the number 6th seed playoff spot and have to play the number 2 seed team playing away. Depending on their record they could end up with the 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th seed.

slow frontrower

Juniors
T-Hawk if you were a betting man what would you predict the order, I think
1. Bulls
2/3 Wildcats Knights (Depends on second metting could go either way)
4. Sharks
5. Axe
6. Warriors
7. Slayers

What about the fight? Why do we have 7 teams, why not 6 or 8? Is it fair the bulls dont have to play the knights, the Wildcats or the Warriors in the regular season? I understand it makes for far less travel but competition should know no bounds! Also How could a team from the north possibly get 1st place with multiple bye weeks in thier schedule?

Play some footy

Juniors
What do bye's count for in the point standings?

Does anyone know what happened to the Fight this year after making it to the finals last year? Doesn't look like they have a win yet.

Tomahawk

Staff member
slow frontrower;

All my answers to your questions are in BOLD

slow frontrower said:
T-Hawk if you were a betting man what would you predict the order, I think
1. Bulls (They still have to play the Slayers and Axeman both teams are much better then when they played them the 1st time. Then the Bulls also have to play the Sharks away which is always a tuff match. Also the Bulls will play 3 games in 7 days. The Bulls do not have the #1 seed wrapped up, and if they loose a match would probally not get that number 1 seed)
2/3 Wildcats Knights (Depends on second metting could go either way) This is exactly what I think. However, the Wildcats still have to play the Warriors at the Shore. From what I hear the Warriors are a team getting better each match)
4. Sharks (I think the Axeman will get the #3 seed. The Sharks still have to play the Slayers in DC, the Axeman at the Shore, and the Bulls home. I think the Sharks will loose 2 of these 3 games. They will beat the Fight easily.)
5. Axe (The Axeman have to still play the Fight and Mantarays home. Both matches they should win easily. The match against the Sharks at the Shore could decide that #3 seed. I think the Axeman will get the Sharks) They also have to play the Bulls at Glen Mills)
6. Warriors (Do not know much about them, but I hear they are getting better each week.)
7. Slayers (Could be the "Darkhorse" and be the team to upset someone)

What about the fight? Why do we have 7 teams, why not 6 or 8? (I don't know your answer. You would have to ask Dave Nui yourself for that one.) Is it fair the bulls dont have to play the knights, the Wildcats or the Warriors in the regular season? (I understand what you are saying, and I agree that the North may have a better comp. then the south. However, I think you maybe underestimating how good the Axeman and Slayers have gotten. Its not like there are not any competive matches down here. I think the Axeman would beat one of the three teams you mention in Jacksonville, maybe 2 of them. I think the Sharks could beat 2 or 3 of those teams at "Shark Park") I understand it makes for far less travel but competition should know no bounds! Also How could a team from the north possibly get 1st place with multiple bye weeks in thier schedule? (Another question you need to ask Dave Nui yourself)[/quote]

Tomahawk

Staff member
So after the War at the Shore 8 the Playoff picture will look like this.

#1 Seed – The Bulls with a win over the Sharks Thursday at the Sharks.

#2 Seed – The Knights with a win over the Wildcats in New York.
The Wildcats with a win over the Knights in New York.

#3 Seed - The Wildcats with a loss over the Knights in New York.
The Knights with a loss over the Wildcats in New York.

#4 Seed – New Jersey Sharks

#5 Seed – The Axeman are a point in front of the Warriors and play the Fight in Jacksonville.
The Warriors are a point behind the Axeman and play the Raiders home.

#6 Seed – Will go to the Axeman or Warriors.

#7 Seed – Will go to the Slayers.