What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL/USARL members

deal.with.it

Juniors
I didn't know where to put this so given all the players & officals are posting in here.

I know 1st hand how hard visa's are to get to play over in the USA so imports are hard to get. Is any inroads being made in college's?
So many players play college gridion yet don't make the NFL. What happens to them? That's an untapped resource for RL. That and Amercian Samoans given they have US passports.

I don't think this thread was the appropriate thread to make this post. This is more for those associated with teams in the USA to identify themselves somewhat.
And yes, countless times people have posted the idea of getting college kids who don't make the NFL. Rugby league is a tiny sport making baby steps in the scheme of things. When the sport picks up in the future and gets some media attention (hopefully some tv coverage) there will be more college kids trying their luck.
As for visas, majority just get a 3 month tourist visa. I guess they just live off savings. How difficult is it to get a working visa for the USA??
Feel free to start a new thread for this topic, admin.
Cheers

franklin2323

Immortal
How difficult is it to get a working visa for the USA??
Sorry, I started a new thread about this. 4 years ago after I finished school. I wanted to do a working holiday of North America the aim was 2 years or so. I had lined up to play with the Bulls.

The visa was the problem. The employer had to state that I was taking a locals job, had to jump through hoops for taxation and other things. I was a pain in the end I just did a 2 month driving holiday instead.

Latest posts