What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Week #10

Tomahawk

Staff member
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Last week befor the playoff's begin. If the Bulls win they will get the #1 seed. Who ever wins the Wildcats/Knights match gets the #2 seed and the looser gets the #3 seed. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thu July 27-7:30pm [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Glen Mills Bulls @ NJ Sharks[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Fri July 28-8pm Connecticut Wildcats @ NY Knights[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sat July 29-1pm Northern Raiders @ New Haven Warriors[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sat July 29-1:30pm DE Mantarays @ Washington DC Slayers[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Sat July 29-5:30pm Philly Fight @ Jacksonville[/SIZE][/FONT]​

Tomahawk

Staff member
Tomahawks picks

Bulls by 12
Knights by 6 (Most important game of both teams this year)
Warriors by 24
Slayers by 24
Axeman by 18

Tomahawk

Staff member
Spinner;

If my predictions are right you will see this.

Bulls beat the Sharks and get the #1 seed
Knights beat the Wildcats and get the #2 seed
The Wildcats get the #3 seed
The Sharks get the #4 seed
The Axeman get the #5 seed with a win over the Fight
The Warriors get the #6 seed
The Slayers get the #7 seed with a win over the MantaRays

Round 1

Slayers at Knights - Knights win
Warriors at Wildcats - Wildcats win (3rd time playing this season - Cats lead serious 2-0 - Warriors will want to revenge from War at the Shore when they almost got the Cats)
Axeman at Sharks - Axeman lay their axe down in revenge

Round 2

Axeman at Bulls - Bulls lead series 2-0 - Bulls
Wildcats at Knights - I can not pick

Kamala

Juniors
Should be a great game at The Castle on Friday night. I know Hotrod has some ring ins ready. The Knights have a huge injury list, but still look strong. The home ground will be a big plus for New York.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Kamala said:
Should be a great game at The Castle on Friday night. I know Hotrod has some ring ins ready. The Knights have a huge injury list, but still look strong. The home ground will be a big plus for New York.

I think the home ground is going to be the determining factor.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Kamala, what do you mean ring ins???
If this weekend is the first game of the season for any player, they are not able to play in any of the finals games.
To play in ANY post season match, you must have played at least 2 regular season games.

Tomahawk

Staff member
With 23 minutes into the 1st half the Bulls scored its 3rd try of the match to put them up 14 to 0. Right after that try a storm came rolling in to Falls Township Community Park, causing the referee to stop the match due to lighting.

While both team waited under a pavilion for this storm to blow over, things did not look good. Torrential rain, thunderous thunder, and the lightning would not go away.

After 30 minutes waiting the Bulls and Sharks captains talked and the Sharks decided to concede the win to the Bulls.

The Bulls now get the #1 seed in the Playoffs, and the Sharks will get the #4 seed.

Screech

Juniors
spinnerhowland said:
Rumor has it Kevin Campion wants to have a go over here.
If you're serious that's massive news. An Origin player playing in the AMNRL would be the biggest thing to happen on the domestic scene.

Seamus Haney

Juniors
Tomahawk,

The wait for the storm was about 15 minutes at most. And if you noticed, it stopped lightening and thundering. What kind of rugby doesn't play in the rain or a wet field?
The bulls didn't want to play the rest of the game because they were winning and they want their bonus points to remain in 1st place. The Sharks wanted to finish the game or play it again on Friday or Saturday. Bottom line is that your captain/coach doesn't want to finish or replay this game because he doesn't want to an upset or any injuries.
I know the Sharks were down by 3 trys. I don't care what you say about the game or your team. I know I'm right. I've been in the league for 6 years and I see this sh*t time and again.

Seamus Haney

Juniors
Tomahawk,

The wait for the storm was about 15 minutes at most. And if you noticed, it stopped lightening and thundering. What kind of rugby doesn't play in the rain or a wet field?
The bulls didn't want to play the rest of the game because they were winning and they want their bonus points to remain in 1st place. The Sharks wanted to finish the game or play it again on Friday or Saturday. Bottom line is that your captain/coach doesn't want to finish or replay this game because he doesn't want to an upset or any injuries.
I know the Sharks were down by 3 trys. I don't care what you say about the game or your team. I know I'm right. I've been in the league for 6 years and I see this sh*t time and again.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Seamus Haney said:
Tomahawk,

#1 - I do not want to start a b*tching match.

#2 - When I left the bar/Inn at 9:30 it was still lightning. The down pour might have only lasted 15 minutes like you say, but rained for about an hour. The lightning never went away. I don't know about you, but getting struck by lightning in a game I do not get pain for, let alone if i get paid for, is not worth it.

#3 - What type of rugby does not play in the rain? Well ask Ryan(Ref), because the game was not stopped because of rain, but it was stopped because of the lightning. I don't know anywere in the world that they keep playing a sport in the lightning. Do you?

#4 - The Bulls did not want to finish that game is absurb. If we were playing in game, I believe the Sharks had sever opertunities in that 23 minutes to score at least 3 try's on the Bulls. Every time the Bulls stopped them, twice on their try line.

#5 - Dave Nui had just arrived minutes prior to the game being delayed. So we scored 3 tryings without are best player, and he was getting ready to go on the field.

#6 - This happened 3 years ago to the Bulls in the Grand Final. However, in that game in an hour it had stopped lightning and raining. It never stopped lightning.

Finally, beat the Axeman in round 1 of the playoffs, and you will most likely have your rematch against the Bulls.

By the way we all know who Tomahawk and Falcon is. Why don't you come out from hiding behind your screen name and tell us who you are.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Easy boys. Any match will be continued in the rain but will always be stopped if the lightning is deemed a danger.
I am sure that both sides agreed to the outcome.
The outcome would not have changed the first round of the finals anyway.
The Sharks must face the Axemen next weekend if they want to get another shot at the Bulls.

Loser

Juniors
T'Hawk,I remember when it did happen to the bulls in that grand final & you bitched about it for a year