What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An exciting initiative by the NRL???

Moffo

Referee
Or just me dreaming

On saturday night at the charity shield, both the dragons and souths came out to jazzed up (but very cool sounding) versions of their club songs. The crowd got into it and it sounded really good. So will the NRL have the intellect to carry this through the whole year? Lets hope so, it was awesome

Did anyone hear this and have an opinion of it? I thought it was great

Cheers,
Moffo

Ari Gold

Bench
The 120 kids coming out on each end instead of the cheerleaders was pretty cool, we need to do more to get kids involved at games.

But yeah the songs were a great idea, the night felt more like an event rather than a run of the mill NRL game.

Souths have recorded 6 new versions of Glory Glory. Punk, Anthemic, R & B, Spoken, a version with a childrens choir and one other i cannot remember.

I was there for the recordings and they sound great. But we know Souths fans and 'change' so hopefully it will be well recieved but I do have my doubts.

Moffo

Referee
you can guarantee they won't....primarily because of the news lackeys that have been employed to run the NRL into the ground

Dutchy

Immortal
they brought out them retarted mascots...y not funky music to go with it'
Buck.jpg
Brutus.jpg

etc etc

Dutchy

Immortal
Twizzle said:
well now we have cheerboys

thats innovative

you mean Souths drummer boys hahaha

what are we supposed to look at now...the footy? pfft :p

LeagueLegend

Juniors
The Charity Shield takes on more of an event feel rather than just a stock standard game. Game day entertainment is entirely up to the clubs. If you liked what they did the other night tell them, if you think that other clubs should adopt the same tell that club too. The NRL's role in club's gameday music, events etc is quite limited so you can hardly blame them.

phonetic

Juniors
Twizzle said:
well now we have cheerboys

thats innovative

Saints had a cheer boy a few years ago. I think his name was Aaron. He danced with the girls.

He wasn't received all that enthusiastically, and did not last all that long.

Charlie124

First Grade
phonetic said:
Saints had a cheer boy a few years ago. I think his name was Aaron. He danced with the girls.

He wasn't received all that enthusiastically, and did not last all that long.

Sorry to hear that, Aaron.

Slackboy72

Coach
robyalvaro said:
The 120 kids coming out on each end instead of the cheerleaders was pretty cool, we need to do more to get kids involved at games.

Rubbish! We need to do more to get cheerleaders involved.

OVP

Coach
Moffo said:
Or just me dreaming

On saturday night at the charity shield, both the dragons and souths came out to jazzed up (but very cool sounding) versions of their club songs. The crowd got into it and it sounded really good. So will the NRL have the intellect to carry this through the whole year? Lets hope so, it was awesome

Cheers,
Moffo

Mate, ive been campaigning for MANY years over at the Roosters Wall for us to use the Alice in Chains - Rooster song as the teams walk out onto the ground. What a shame Richard Fisk is such a pansy :lol: We'd scare the living daylights out of most teams if we used this song

Great lyrics too ... Yeah they ALL come to snuff the Rooster, dont you know HE AINT gonna die ?. I thought it would be perfect for our 100th year ... but alas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snkbewlsUVk

phonetic

Juniors
OVP said:
Mate, ive been campaigning for MANY years over at the Roosters Wall for us to use the Alice in Chains - Rooster song as the teams walk out onto the ground. What a shame Richard Fisk is such a pansy :lol: We'd scare the living daylights out of most teams if we used this song

Great lyrics too ... Yeah they ALL come to snuff the Rooster, dont you know HE AINT gonna die ?. I thought it would be perfect for our 100th year ... but alas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snkbewlsUVk

Rooster, rooster man.... I want to be, a rooster man...

OVP

Coach
phonetic said:
Rooster, rooster man.... I want to be, a rooster man...

Well im afraid that you'll just have to settle on being an Illawarra Socks fan instead :lol:

Canard

Immortal
Mate, ive been campaigning for MANY years over at the Roosters Wall for us to use the Alice in Chains - Rooster song

Ive been campaigning for years to get the Cowboys to stop using "Life at the Outpost", (lyrics "Making love to a cowboy man").

If you have ever seen the video you would know that this is a Anthem for guys of a certain "persuasion". (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

Unfortunealty most NQer's dont know this and think its great.

hrundi99

First Grade
Canard said:
Ive been campaigning for years to get the Cowboys to stop using "Life at the Outpost", (lyrics "Making love to a cowboy man").

If you have ever seen the video you would know that this is a Anthem for guys of a certain "persuasion". (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

Unfortunealty most NQer's dont know this and think its great.

I wish I knew how to quit you...

Moffo said:
Or just me dreaming

Cheers,
Moffo

I thought it was great too. On the Drags forum it was said by many that "The Saints are Comin" would be an ideal run-on song. Hopefully that will continue. I'm getting a bit sick of the same "fire-up" songs being played just prior to kick-off, need something fresh.

The only thing is I cant see the homeground playing the songs of the opposition.

Latest posts