What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Analysis of game 1. What did we all think?

fat_mike

Juniors
Firstly great to get of to a winning start and even better when its over uncle george's bunnies.

when we controlled the ball we looked very very sharp. I thought there were a few dumb decisions that led to to much dropped ball in the first half.

The combination of soward and anasta looked, jamie gave us a creative spark not seen at all last year adn boy was it good to watch. plenty of pace, big booming kick on him and seems to have some vision when taking the ball to the line. some quick darts adn crafty footwork when he took the line on was also good to see.

soliola was awesome outwide. made plenty of metres and looked like he could've busted the bunnies open every time he took the ball. his defence was great aswell, very very strong defender. Famous amos was great aswell, scoring wingers tries. his finsihing is something we must capitalise on alot during this season. with jamie at half i can see those 2 striking up a good combination.

Anasta and harrison were good for thier first NRL chook games. anastas first and second touch's led to mini's try, overall i thought he was very solid and again he and jamie will only get better as the side clicks more. Ash was quiet in the first half simply going about his business, much like ricko did. covering tackles. genuine workman effort. got alot more involved in the second half and again was looking good.

I dont think there was to much in the morley tackle, and by that i mean there was absolutely no intent. With the new rule chage about attacking the head i think big moz will be outed for roughly 4 weeks.

Overall good effort in the opening 15 and second half but the boys cannot afford to go to sleep and fall apart like they did when we play more quality opposition.

The first 40 mins was crap from the Roosters. The Roosters were all over the Bunnies in the 2nd half. Souths were lucky to only have 40 points scored against them.

All it really shows is that the Bunnies will struggle this season. But then again, whats new:roll:

eddie

Juniors
The new halves combination showed a lot of potential.I'd stick with them long term and they'll only get better.
The three-quarters are pretty settled, maybe Lett and Perrett are dicing for a wing spot.
Dunno if Finch in the forwards is a good idea.I think we've two or three better options at dummy half.
Harrison was the invisible man for most the game.

MONY

Juniors
I thought Soward looked very good, the guy was everywhere in attack and defense..... I just hope he doesnt carve us up this week :)

RoostarGirl

Juniors
MONY said:
I thought Soward looked very good, the guy was everywhere in attack and defense..... I just hope he doesnt carve us up this week :)

:lol: :lol: Soward was awesome.

About Melbourne....I'm spewing that Mozza isn't going to be there this week to smash my old fav Crock:cool:

Latest posts