What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anasta out for extended period

DeeGan

Bench
Anasta out for extended period

Anasta to have groin surgery as reported online by 2GB.com

Mr Saab

Referee
Lucky i didnt bet on the chooks/raiders game.
Anasta has not done much in the past 2 weeks anyway so he wont be missed that much

DeeGan

Bench
Craig Wing as the majority know is disgruntled with the time he is seeing on the bench - this should help ease the frustration given we have to assume Wing goes to hooker.

Also, 2GB did not confirm if Anasta will miss tomorrow's game though you have to assume he will go under the knife ASAP.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Lucky i didnt bet on the chooks/raiders game.
Anasta has not done much in the past 2 weeks anyway so he wont be missed that much

Finch at halfback- that is how anasta will be missed!

Roy

Juniors
this is the roosters own fault, the same thing happened with Steve Simpson at the knights (pretty sure it was him) they tried to get him through the year but he only lasted the first four or so rounds an he had to have an operation. The smart thing would have been to do it in the off season. Stupid mistake by the roosters.

fillapop

Juniors
Carlito said:
If it means he'll be 100% in time for the finals I'm all for it

yea but chances of making the final now are not good, we have same halves problems as last yr

Tommy Smith

Referee
Carlito said:
If it means he'll be 100% in time for the finals I'm all for it
Without him it will be a case of "what finals?".

Im just hoping that this is either false or that he wont be out for too long. Please God, dont put me through a season as boring and pathetic as last year for a Roosters fan.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tommy Smith said:
Without him it will be a case of "what finals?".

Im just hoping that this is either false or that he wont be out for too long. Please God, dont put me through a season as boring and pathetic as last year for a Roosters fan.

Last finals were good! No roosters and no dogs! I wouldn't mind that at all!

QldRabbit

Juniors
Ahh poor old Anasthole. I was looking forward to watching him to fail consistantly in the 6 for the Roosters.:D

Carlito

Juniors
Don't get me wrong, I'm still hoping that Anasta is back well before the finals, but I think if we can't get there without him we don't deserve to be there. Last year we came very close with only Finch playing a key role, the emergence of Soward and the bonus of Harrisson should be able to get us home this year. Besides there were a number of games last year where we were either very hardly done by the referee (think manly) or just gave it away in the last few minutes (warriors). IIRC we were 1 win away from the finals.

DeeGan

Bench
This was reported March 11, 2006 in the SMH:

link: http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/anasta-finds-a-way-to-kick-on/2006/03/10/1141701690096.html

Start of the story reads,

'Star Sydney Roosters recruit Braith Anasta has been told he will need to undergo a special core strength program for the rest of his career to manage a troublesome groin problem.

Anasta, who was rested from last month's trial win over St George Illawarra and played just half the match against Manly, has been identified with what Roosters club doctor John Orchard calls "kicker's groin" - an injury prevalent in AFL and football that is caused by a weakness in the abdominal and lower back muscles.'

Nothing more reported since the report on air this afternoon as yet.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I would have though Finch would have been the first to come down with kicker's groin. The Roosters fans kick him there plenty already.

Trevor Cogger

Juniors
Even with Anasta out Easts have options, Wing to come in as Hooker, maybe even to Half with John Doyle as Hooker........Anyway shouldnt matter to much strike power for the Raiders and the majority of the comp