What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anasta out for extended period

I thought Anasta played his best game for the Roosters today, seemed to be a LOT more involved in the play this week, especially in the first half.

He added great variety to their kicking game, as Soward has displayed little more than a propensity to kick the high bomb, while Braith threaded the ball between the feet of the defense to create a couple of tries.

He looked to try a little too hard on occasions, throwing wild long balls behind the outside backs, but all in all, if that's a man booked in for groin surgey this week I'd be very very surprised.

The Roosters look a hell of a lot more dangerous with the ball going through Braith's hands reguarly, he keeps the defense in 2 minds as a legitimate ball running threat and good ball player, something that Soward is only one of.

It looks like Harrison and Anasta are starting to find their feet after a couple of quiet weeks to start their Rooster careers, as a Bronco's man I think they look very scary ala 2002, 03, 04 etc...

PS. How good is Soliola? Is his allegiance with the Kiwi's or NSW?

I know the kid is only 19yo, but he is dead set unstoppable, he and Cross form the most potent center pairing in the NRL bar NONE!

Big call maybe, but I'd take those two over:

2. Gaz and Cooper
3. Hodges and Berro
4. King and Inglis
5. Tonga and Anybody (Maitua) :D
6. Ropati and Toopi
7. Bowman and Hannay / Williams
8. Smith and Tahu
9. Vagana and Bailey
10. Gidley and Carmont
11. Hegarty and A. MacDougall
12. Collis and Whatuira
13. Howell and Graham
14. Galea and Lewis

Mind you, put Andrew Johns or Jonathon Thurston inside any of the above center pairings and you probably see them scoot up the order a little. ;-)