What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anasta to union

RABK

Referee
Braith anasta has been reported to have had a secret meeting with the waratahs last night. IMO he will go to union, thoughts anybody.

RABK

Referee
Explains why he had a meeting with the Waratahs :? Shannon Hegarty said he was going nowhere and that he wanted to be a rooster for life, 1 week later he signed for souths. ;-)

LESStar58

Referee
I keep on hearing about Anasta possibly returning to Souths where he played his juniour footy (hes a Maroubra juniour if I'm not mistaken). Souths need an organiser and a playmaker. Forget all the stuff about him being "voted" most-overrated player, he'd be a great buy if Souths could get him. Imagine Braith Anasta and Willie Peters/Joe Williams in the halves @ Souths...they'd certainly improve!

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Stranger said:
If i were bulldogs id let him go. Hes on huge amounts of money.

I think Reni Maitua will be a great player in the future and if Anasta does leave he should be able to step up and fill his position.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
anasta is over rated anyway so hes no huge loss if he does go, maitua looks alot better then him from what i have seen

LESStar58

Referee
I only knew that coz one of my uncles was a South Eastern junior. I used to have his jumper when I was a kid (the Roosters jersey in Rabbitohs colours) and it had 13 on the back from when props wore 13! This was the early-mid 80s BTW.

aqua_duck

Coach
Lets hope for the sake of the dogs that he does leave, dead set roosters best player by a mile in the grand final.

Copa

Bench
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport...ay-at-Bulldogss/2004/11/05/1099547385201.html

Noad says Anasta will stay at Bulldogs
November 5, 2004 - 8:19PM

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad insists the NRL club won't be releasing Braith Anasta from the final year of his contract, despite reports that the five-eighth wants to play rugby for NSW in 2005.

Anasta, his manager Greg Willett and Waratahs coach Ewen McKenzie met in a Sydney restaurant to discuss the 22-year-old switching codes.

"He wants out," McKenzie said.

"He's adamant to us that he wants to come on board with the Waratahs next year and we're keen to get him.

"The Bulldogs at the moment seem to be happy to have a player on board who doesn't want to be there for next year," he told Channel Nine.

Copa

Bench
He is a good player. Average players play in teams at the @rse end of the ladder.

RABK

Referee
Copa said:
He is a good player. Average players play in teams at the @rse end of the ladder.

:? I dont see how that is true. Fletcher and Harrison at souths are rep quality players but play for the wooden spooners. Warriors, manly, sharks etc. these are teams that finished down the bottom of the table but all have some quality players in there team.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
And there are ordinary players in the top-tier teams. I really couldn't care less if he went to union, I really have little praise for the self-professed "face of rugby league". By bye Braith!

Latest posts