What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And all you 'experts' know more than Benji??

chunk

Juniors
The captain of New Zealand, Premiership winning player and highly skillful player wants Sheens to stay and the mainstay of our team says.....

''I've done my part in staying at the club, now it's up to them for Tim to stay. Hopefully it'll happen." SMH 26th Feb, 2010. There is no doubt he wants him to stay as does Farah

However plenty of people on this forum reckon he should go. Everyone is entitiled to an opinion but I'll back Benji thanks.

Mr Saab

Referee
What the f**k do you expect Benji to say to the media? Sheens is the captain of mediocrity and has achieved only 12 good weeks of football to show for the 7 yrs he has been at the club....and the club want to give him another 3 yrs at the place!
The club would be better off getting Stephen Kearney than putting up with another 9-10th position in 2010.
Get Benji on the piss and ask him what he thinks of Sheens and the past 4 yrs...i am sure his answer would be quite different.

chunk

Juniors
Have to disagree Marshall has always spoken highly of Sheens.

To me it just seems that the players all respect Sheens, no doubt the effort has always been there.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The captain of New Zealand, Premiership winning player and highly skillful player wants Sheens to stay and the mainstay of our team says.....

''I've done my part in staying at the club, now it's up to them for Tim to stay. Hopefully it'll happen." SMH 26th Feb, 2010. There is no doubt he wants him to stay as does Farah

However plenty of people on this forum reckon he should go. Everyone is entitiled to an opinion but I'll back Benji thanks.

To each their own Chuck- I'll just have to respectfully disagree.

Interesting though Benji had a bit in his contract removed where previously if Teflon left the club Benji could go too, now whatever happens to Teflon Benji has no leverage.

nyx

Juniors
I dunno, you could also read between the lines and see that he is slightly distancing himself from Sheens.

Especially this part:
"Now I'm at the stage where it's just about me, I worry about myself now,'' he said. ''I've done my part in staying at the club, now it's up to them for Tim to stay. Hopefully it'll happen."

That's big change from his usual threats that he will walk away if they sack Sheens.

Saab is right too. No player bags his current coach in the media, unless they enjoy playing in reserve grade.

Talanexor

Juniors
Sheens is too smart for his own good. Instead of constantly tinkering with positions and trying to turn a player into something else, he'd have a lot more luck just letting the boys play footy.

If Sheens wasn't allowed to pick the team, only to come up with gameplans then it'd work a lot better IMO.

westie

Bench
You know what the real point is. It's not that we're experts or anything else. It's that we're the fans. We pay for this man's lively-hood - a very good one at that. And we aren't happy. The rumblings really began 4 years ago and since then, everything we've said we weren't happy with has continued and, in cases, gotten worse. I don't feel a part of this club any more.

The local boys have been f**ked off in favour of imports who fail - while our lads go on to bigger and better things - despite all of us being against it at the time.

One man controls our club while even the board know he should be gone - politics again taking precedence over the right thing to do.

Our coach - the man we pay - calls us "so-called fans". That's us who stood on a muddy hill in the freezing rain with imaginary 5k crowds. That's us who have seen one finals appearance in 10 years - missing something like 6 under the bloke who questions our quality as fans - while he takes home 100's of thousands of OUR dollars.

The main problem is, and we don't need to be experts to know this. The main problem is - we lose. It's not good enough. A club like Canterbury had a losing season. They brought in a guy with no first grade coaching experience, a few new players. And were it not for some dubious decisions by officials, they'd have topped the league. Beaten only by another club who, despite performing significantly better than us, also brought in a new coach.

I've had enough - i'd had enough a long time ago. I won't be buying a "membership" until the club is ours again. On a similar note - I'm almost inclined to buy a Souths membership to help them in the race to 10k. Just because they are doing the right thing... while our club struggles.

TimmyB

Juniors
That's big change from his usual threats that he will walk away if they sack Sheens.

Saab is right too. No player bags his current coach in the media, unless they enjoy playing in reserve grade.

I don't think so. He also said hopefully he'll re-sign for the same period of time and we can continue being father and son (obviously tongue in cheek). I think he wants Sheens to stay. The removal of the clause is just an acknowledgment that it's time to be his own man; that it's enough that he loves the club itself, rather than just the coach.

Vic Mackey

Referee
sh*t a player who's just resigned for a reported $500k a year has said he supports his coach.....theres a news flash

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You know what the real point is. It's not that we're experts or anything else. It's that we're the fans. We pay for this man's lively-hood - a very good one at that. And we aren't happy. The rumblings really began 4 years ago and since then, everything we've said we weren't happy with has continued and, in cases, gotten worse. I don't feel a part of this club any more.

The local boys have been f**ked off in favour of imports who fail - while our lads go on to bigger and better things - despite all of us being against it at the time.

One man controls our club while even the board know he should be gone - politics again taking precedence over the right thing to do.

Our coach - the man we pay - calls us "so-called fans". That's us who stood on a muddy hill in the freezing rain with imaginary 5k crowds. That's us who have seen one finals appearance in 10 years - missing something like 6 under the bloke who questions our quality as fans - while he takes home 100's of thousands of OUR dollars.

The main problem is, and we don't need to be experts to know this. The main problem is - we lose. It's not good enough. A club like Canterbury had a losing season. They brought in a guy with no first grade coaching experience, a few new players. And were it not for some dubious decisions by officials, they'd have topped the league. Beaten only by another club who, despite performing significantly better than us, also brought in a new coach.

I've had enough - i'd had enough a long time ago. I won't be buying a "membership" until the club is ours again. On a similar note - I'm almost inclined to buy a Souths membership to help them in the race to 10k. Just because they are doing the right thing... while our club struggles.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo.

If we do not make the 8 this year and there is anyone who still wants Sheens to remain, you can go and get f**ked, seriously.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors

Here here.

I've had enough several years gao. I, too and won't be buying a membership. Sheens can go and get ^&$*$(. I'd say we should boycott games until that farkwit of a coach has gone. Top 8 or not.

westie

Bench
If you really want him gone; write a letter to Humphries (even though he appears to be up there with Sheens for prize f**kwits). Or organise a protest group.

You not turning up to games won't make the slightest difference.

Borat.

Juniors
Yeah but my sack started to bleed a bit

You gotta shave em...

LOLS all around...
Yes catebury have had a winning season but they will never win it with that brand of football -a sh*t halfback and Sh*t hooker who create nought...

souffs.....they are doing it right.FTW??..we did finish above them last year and they have only had one recent dismal finals appearance......

FFS next thing you will say is you wish you were a saints fan.....

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee

LOL...theres thousands just like you, they love you

macnaz

Staff member
Ask a kid which school teacher they like best, and i bet its not nesasarly the teacher who actualy teaches them the most . My point being that u may like and respect someone but that doesnt always mean they are the one to get the most from you. or think about which boss u liked the most? Bet it wasnt the ball breaker who wanted blood every second of the day... But i also bet the company loved the ballbreaker because he got sh*t done and got results.