What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now - the irony of the year award goes to

Frenzy

Juniors
Chris Anderson

Anderson sole coach to back Panthers
2 October 2003

Test coach Chris Anderson is the only National Rugby League coach leaning towards a Penrith victory in Sunday night's grand final.

While the Bulldogs' Steve Folkes and Melbourne's Craig Bellamy also believed Penrith was in with a genuine chance, Anderson was the lone coach to cast serious doubt about the premiers' prospects of winning back-to-back titles.

Anderson didn't point-blank back Penrith to win the premiership decider but, when asked which team would, he seemed to favour John Lang's Panthers.

"I think the Panthers are a real chance, actually," said Anderson, Lang's successor as Cronulla coach.

"They are a big side that have guys who can play a lot of second-phase footy.

"They nullified the Auckland pack and Easts couldn't do it a few weeks ago."

Anderson's intense rivalry with Ricky Stuart is well known and the Roosters coach said he wasn't surprised to hear that Anderson was doubting the premiers.

"I think he'd do anything for us to lose on Sunday," Stuart said.

Of the 13 non-playing coaches survey by AAP, Folkes and Bellamy were the only others giving Penrith any hope.

More

i_like_footy

Juniors
is anderson obsessed with the roosters or something?????
im sure glad that a few years ago we didnt sigh him to be our coach

seriosely you would think that ricky stuart ran over his dog or maybe it was Jared you cant tell the diff

Aries

Bench
i_like_footy said:
seriosely you would think that ricky stuart ran over his dog or maybe it was Jared you cant tell the diff

Or it could have been a "goose" that got the rules changed last year just before the semis clash. Then that new rule sticks for the semis too.... It is still here now, and the same goose had a whinge about it in the papers a few weeks ago?! Weird sh!t if you ask me...

Hope you guys die tommorrow!! :lol:

Alan Shore

First Grade
Aries said:
i_like_footy said:

Or it could have been a "goose" that got the rules changed last year just before the semis clash. Then that new rule sticks for the semis too.... It is still here now, and the same goose had a whinge about it in the papers a few weeks ago?! Weird sh!t if you ask me...

Hope you guys die tommorrow!! :lol:

Damn straight. And Stuart dedicated his newspaper column in The Australian in the leadup to the Bulldogs preliminary final clash whinging about Anderson saying Sherwin hadn't been playing well, and Ricky said it was to fire Sherwin up to beat the Roosters because, "some people hold very bitter grudges".

imasharkie

Coach
Why is it Rorters supporters always seem to find their way to our forum,wish they would stay where they are!!

Latest posts