What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And the crowd is??

iggy plop

First Grade
I listened to the Zorba and Hollywood show show on 2KY this morning and they were going on about how great the Henson Park crowd was for the Storm v Jets game in the wet on Saturday. I think they said 8972 or something like that.

I've seen close to that exact figure posted as someone's sig on this site and thought it may be a quote from the ground announcer during the Jets' last top flight game in 1983.

Is that the case?

The same crowd figure was posted in Courier Mail today. It looks much better than the "about 500" in the Sun Herald.

"Rugby league is in great shape if they can get nearly 9,000 to Henson Park to see the Jets play"

Quote from Zorba.

Bluebag

Juniors
It is the same crowd figure for every game, the Herald was closer with around 700 braving the elements. It has happened before with the press not getting the joke although given fine weather the crowd would have been a lot closer to that figure.

The figure is done in good fun but hell we got publicity though. :D

izzo

Juniors
The SMH this morning poste the match results twice one with the infamous 8972 followed by the party pooper of 500.

Jeffles

Bench
Hollywood and Zorba dont come across as the brightest of fellows. But at least they used their "powers" for good.

In other radio news 2SM just started a new sports show. It runs from 3pm -7pm (cut one hour into Bos but that's OK). Hosted by Graeme Hughes and Gavin Robertson. Understandably Mr Hughes carries the show. What a voice! Not a bad show either.

ozzie

Bench
I read the article in the Sundays and had a good chuckle - from what I gather that was the last crowd at Henson when Newtown were playing and so now the crowd is always 8972 - go you blue bags - i wished you were there before Souths...

izzo

Juniors
isnt it that a few years ago when clubs like the roosters and such were faking crowd figures , it was a shitter of a day at henson with around 50 people? raining cats and dogs too and the ground annoucner went todays attendance in 8972 as a joke??

Latest posts