What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
F*** no!!! he'll been spending most of his time on the sideline during suspensions.
Would take NAS every single day of the week. We desperately need a bit of intimidation in our pack, a big body, and plenty of good experience (finals, grand finals, tests, etc). Ideally he sorts out his suspensions, and maybe after this big one he'll change up what he's doing. But it also may incentivise Melbourne to move him on. It was a big story before finals, and then as we started getting closer.. nothing. Suddenly NAS and Melbourne were sweet. I don't know how they can afford to keep him to be quite honest with Stefano going there on big money. Maybe something we'll hear more about after the grand final.. him in combination with another good prop signing changes our team completely. Not that I back our club to get anything remotely close to this done

TheRev

Coach
A few years ago when we had options.. I would have agreed that NAS was too big a risk due to the way refs/MRC view us bottom feeding teams.. but at this point even if he only plays half a season.. just a big alpha dude to start those sets and gel that pack.. off the field also.. show them the mongrel...I think its worth it.. off the back of that we still get a Lodge also (we can afford 2).. and then in 2yrs Tonga or others come..

I would have rathered AFB or Haas.. but thats life..

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
DSaf went for 600-650k though, Newcastle paid the rest... we are going to have to settle for whoever will sign for 2025.
Yeah, for the first year, then we would've been stuck paying full freight afterwards. Look, maybe I'm wrong and we should've paid up, however that's a lot of money to pay a player who's only getting older and a shadow of their former selves

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think Flanno should be looking at England. Maybe they are his only hope of getting a swap deal of Rava and Blake for a good outside back and big bopper. They finish up in a couple of weeks so Flanno should be flying over to see the finals games and pick up a forward from the 4 remaining sides.

The quicker he lands his new recruits the better as not like last year, Saints don't want them coming in close to the start of the season like they did with Luciano and RFM.

I watched a bit of Kobe Hetherington and I am not sure why he has not been mentioned as he is on the outer. He would be a good pick up of what's left in the NRL forwards. Maybe Saints go in with big offers for Cobbo and Kobe Hetherington. I would be happy with those to. It will help bronco's upgrade their other players.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I would love NAS at the Dragons. Welch would be better than no-one but he doesn't strike fear into the opposition. The one big plus for both is they come from a winning culture.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think Flanno should be looking at England. Maybe they are his only hope of getting a swap deal of Rava and Blake for a good outside back and big bopper. They finish up in a couple of weeks so Flanno should be flying over to see the finals games and pick up a forward from the 4 remaining sides.

The quicker he lands his new recruits the better as not like last year, Saints don't want them coming in close to the start of the season like they did with Luciano and RFM.

I watched a bit of Kobe Hetherington and I am not sure why he has not been mentioned as he is on the outer. He would be a good pick up of what's left in the NRL forwards. Maybe Saints go in with big offers for Cobbo and Kobe Hetherington. I would be happy with those to. It will help bronco's upgrade their other players.
Hetherington is apparently in talks with the tigers.

qld redvee

Juniors
I would love NAS at the Dragons. Welch would be better than no-one but he doesn't strike fear into the opposition. The one big plus for both is they come from a winning culture.
Thomas, I'm with you re welch. Good as a mentor and culture but slowing down with age but will do a job for us depending on length of deal.

maestro1

Bench
A few years ago when we had options.. I would have agreed that NAS was too big a risk due to the way refs/MRC view us bottom feeding teams.. but at this point even if he only plays half a season.. just a big alpha dude to start those sets and gel that pack.. off the field also.. show them the mongrel...I think its worth it.. off the back of that we still get a Lodge also (we can afford 2).. and then in 2yrs Tonga or others come..

I would have rathered AFB or Haas.. but thats life..
While ever Luke Patten is in charge of the Match Review Committee, signing a player like NAS is extremely risky. Patten will be salivating at the thought of charging him.

hook hook

Juniors
Thomas, I'm with you re welch. Good as a mentor and culture but slowing down with age but will do a job for us depending on length of deal.
Welch. That’ll do me. Career trajectory looks awfully similar to Aaron woods. Been useless for a while but maintains status because he played origin

Harry Bath

Juniors

Along with Lawrie saints should also look to unload RFM he does not offer much

Latest posts