What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Anderson cost us the grand final - Campion"-Stuff

Kiwishark

Juniors
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Hope it hasn't been posted yet, mods can sort if so.

-----------------------------------------------

Anderson cost us the grand final - Campion

01 October 2006
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Kevin Campion has launched an extraordinary attack on former Warriors coach Daniel Anderson -accusing him of costing the team an NRL grand final.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Campion, captain of the Warriors side which made the 2002 premiership finals, said Anderson's attempted halftime pep talk backfired so badly the team went to pieces.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]The Warriors ended up being thrashed 30-8 by the Sydney Roosters.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Down just 2-6 at the break, the Warriors players gathered in the sheds to wait for Anderson's instructions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]But Campion said, instead of talking tactics, Anderson walked into the dressing room with a tape recorder, turning on a mock commentary of the Warriors beating the Broncos.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Then he walked out without a further word.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"That halftime speech goes down as one of the worst things I have ever heard - it was just ridiculous," Campion told Sunday News. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"I am not too sure what he was thinking. "He made us this tape of a mock commentary and must have thought the Broncos would make the grand final."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]On the tape the Warriors scored a try to win the final.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"He never addressed us at halftime.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"He brought a tape recorder in, said, "Boys I want you to listen to this", and then walked out.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"It starts playing, "Welcome to the 2002 grand final, the Warriors versus the Broncos".[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"I flipped out and thought, "What is this?"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"I was just going, "Turn that s*** off".[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"I was screaming, "What the **** is this?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Campion said some of his younger teammates were visibly confused by Anderson's ploy. [/FONT]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting time to come out with that. Especially 4 years after the game. What was Anderson thinking?
[/FONT]

Fast Eddie

First Grade
If you were going to go for that crazy strategy you would think that would at least do it right and have the Roosters not the Broncs.

sinbad

Juniors
Ando you need to visit 0800 bignuts as you need some balls mate !!

what were you thinking , or was your brain turned off ?

Goos to finally see the true story come out. Maybe Campo did it to make sure that Ando never coaches in the NRL again.

carlnz

Bench
Who cares, the reason why we lost was because we got out played in the last 20 mins...

Latest posts