What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ando's 'winning culture' comes to an end

Roosterphin

Juniors
Willow said:
Roosterphin said:
Willow said:
Roosterphin said:
show me a reporter that writes something good about us!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gould.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh Willow right on time. If only the fish were as punctual as you are.

Phil Gould is one writer. The rest hate the Roosters so dont give me that we get favouritism crap
So what you're saying is: "OK, thats one, now name another!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
These are golden times... to think we have a Sharks bashing thread and a Roosters bashing thread all in one..! and all thanks to the 'Phin'. :lol:

But wait there's more....
There really isnt much gray matter here
Hey Phinny, can I add that one to the list? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Willow you are an imbecile. I dont know where you got your sense of humour from but the things I say that you reportedly think are "golden" are NOT funny. Yes thats right your jokes are NOT funny. Do you comprehend.

I will admit maybe my statement was a big call because I said no reporter writes anything good about us when in fact there is one! My apologies

Simo

First Grade
Maybe Easts have won one more Grand Final than Saints in the last 20 years but we've been far more consistent than them.

This is very rich coming from a Dragons fan. I could find a million quotes from Dragons fans claiming the Sharks are crap cause they havent won a premiership YET they have been far more consistant in recent years. That excuse doesnt wash for them so i find it ironic that you try it against Easts!

Anonymous

Juniors
Simo said:
I could find a million quotes from Dragons fans claiming the Sharks are crap cause they havent won a premiership YET they have been far more consistant in recent years.
We'll settle for one quote simo... a million does offer too much of a Phinny opportunity and he's a hard act to follow.

How many grand finals were the Sharks in during the 1990s?
(Super League doesnt count)

Roosterphin

Juniors
Willow said:
Simo said:
I could find a million quotes from Dragons fans claiming the Sharks are crap cause they havent won a premiership YET they have been far more consistant in recent years.
We'll settle for one quote simo... a million does offer too much of a Phinny opportunity and he's a hard act to follow.

I have heard references in this thread to a) the Sharks being chokers and b) the Sharks having picked a sh*te coach.

Now you tell me how Saints are different??

dannyboy

Juniors
Willow

Why doesn't 1997 count? Does it count for the Knights? You cannot have it both ways. 1997 should count - it may have been a split competition but both the Broncos & Knights were deserved winners. Anyhow, I though you'd be happy to celebrate yet another time that the Sharks failed in a GF.

They say you have to lose a grand final before you can win one....how many chances do the Dragons need then?

Anonymous

Juniors
We can agree to disgaree on Super League.
Stretching the imagination, Sharks were in half a grand final in the 1990s. :lol:

dimitri

First Grade
the official comp in 1997 was won by the knights

any other comp was simply a bit of a side show

it means nothing

Alan Shore

First Grade
Willow said:
Simo said:

If SL doesn't count, neither does the ARL.

dimitri

First Grade
if the arl doesnt count then rl in australia has never counted

the arl and its affiliates (nswrl and qrl) are the official bodies

the competitions they run are the official comps

and comp run by news ltd without arl backing means diddly squat

bad luck cronulla

Anonymous

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Willow said:
Simo said:

If SL doesn't count, neither does the ARL.
Well for a start I was already willing to call the SL effort half a grand final... read back.

Fact is, you guys have nothing to offer. Firstly there's this notion that the Sharks are more consistent than Saints :lol: this being backed up by some bizarre idea that a one ring circus grand final somehow equates to four official grand finals. :lol:
Now you're trying to convince yourself that the ARL comp doesnt count. Why is that Tama? Wouldnt be because the Scum never counted in the NSWRL and ARL? :lol:

Try again.

carcharias

Immortal
1990 - Canbera - Super League
1991 - Penrith - Super League
1992 - Brisbane - Super League
1993 - Brisbane - Super League
1994 - Canberra - Super League
1995 - Canterbury - Super League
1996 - Manly - ARL
1997 - Brisbane / Newcastle
1998 - Brisbane - Super League
1999 - Melbourne ????? I'm pretty sure they weren't around during the super league year war.
2000 - Brisbane - Super League
2001 - Newcastle - ARL
2002 - Roosters - ARL
2003 - Penrith - Super League

In the past 13 years you would say that Super League teams have the edge in premierships getting 9 from 13
with 5 different super league teams becoming premiers.
Where the ARL having just 3 with only two different teams winning . In the 80's it 5 a piece from memory.

Anonymous

Juniors
carcharias said:
1996 - Manly - ARL
1999 - Melbourne ????? I'm pretty sure they weren't around during the super league year war.
2001 - Newcastle - ARL
2002 - Roosters - ARL

In the past 13 years you would say that Super League teams have the edge in premierships getting 9 from 13
Where the ARL having just 3 with only two different teams winning . In the 80's it 5 a piece from memory.

Super League as a competition didnt exist until 1997 and was folded after one season... how the hell did Super League suddenly lay claim to the ARL grand finals of 1990 to 1996???
An unbelievable attempt at logic that even John Ribot wouldnt try and sell.

dannyboy

Juniors
I know your not dumb Willow.

Yes it was remiss to claim the victories to the non-existent Super League in the years leading up to 1997. But the attack against Super League not being relevant has the inference that it had insignificant teams in it. Yet 6 of the preceeding 7 years victors all went over to the 'Dark Side'.

It happened. It's in the past. It's been rectified since.

Lets just get on with the "now"

Simo

First Grade
Willow said:
carcharias said:
1996 - Manly - ARL
2001 - Newcastle - ARL
2002 - Roosters - ARL

Super League as a competition didnt exist until 1997 and was folded after one season... how the hell did Super League suddenly lay claim to the ARL grand finals of 1990 to 1996???

I believe he is refering to which side of the super league war the teams that won the GF's were on not that super league actually claims those as super league titles!

He is pointing out that the majority of sides that went to super league were more successgul than the majority of ARL sides and thus the super league competition has as much claim to being a legitimate comp. than the Arl 97 comp did.

There hasnt been 1 decent post here as to why Super League doesnt count. Just obvious bias from supporters whose club eventually stayed with the Arl.

Anonymous

Juniors
The only reason why Sharks fans won't let go of the Super League argument is because it adds a certificate to their hall of smoke and mirrors... that is, 'half grand final runners up 1997'.

Before 1996, every one of those teams were happy to be part of the NSWRL / ARL and gain the benefit from their promotion. The fact that Super League came along only meant that these teams went with the highest bidder.

Super League was breakway competition which all but destroyed the game. The NSWRL and ARL were around for much longer and regardless of their shortcomings, the NSWRL and ARL were the the official bodies.

As I said, I'm happy to recognise that the Sharks were grand finalists in the unofficial half competition but its hardly something to write home about.

carcharias

Immortal

Calm down Willow I merely stated facts .
I never suggested any claim to any Grand Final victories .
Your argument that super league didn't exist is pointless ...of course it didn't exist.
Those teams that played in the comp prior to super league were the same teams in super league ( the ones I stated ).
How anyone can even attempt to say the ARL teams involved in 97 were stronger than the SL teams is debatable.
I was pointing out that the players involved in that era and with those teams that played for SL clubs seemed to have more overall success when they were involved in the ARL and then NRL .
As for your comment of folding I think you'd better check the stats old mate.
I believe the teams from the ARL and SL merged ( a word I'm sure your familiar with ) to form the National Rugby League.
Folding ??maybe so. but if that is the case then the ARL as we knew it in 1st grade also folded.
Re -reading my post I think I can see where you may have been confused .
Next to the team that won the comp for each year I put where that team 's affiliation was in 1997, not as you may have be thought what organization can claim victory .
If thats your argument its as weak as piss. And to paraphrase your good self it would be an unbelievable attempt at logic.
You've totally misunderstood my whole post . It was the cold hard truth .
And as they say ...the truth Hurts . As a sharks fan I understand this and admit to it which is something you might have to consider trying.

now get over Super league and Bring on round 8 . What do ya say?

Anonymous

Juniors
carcharias said:

Calm down Willow I merely stated facts .
Cool as a cucumber carcharias but thanks for the concern. :lol:
carcharias said:
I never suggested any claim to any Grand Final victories .
You said: Super League teams have the edge in premierships getting 9 from 13 with 5 different super league teams becoming premiers.
They were not Super League teams - you're statement at best, was ambiguous.
carcharias said:
As for your comment of folding I think you'd better check the stats old mate.
I believe the teams from the ARL and SL merged ( a word I'm sure your familiar with ) to form the National Rugby League.
I never mentioned the NRL - ie the end to the war and the culmination which brought about the NRL.
I don't need to check any stats; Super League did fold.... the ARL and NSWRL still exists.
carcharias said:
now get over Super league and Bring on round 8 . What do ya say?
So you want to say that my argument is 'weak as piss' and ask to move on... its not that easy.
The only reason you put up that list was to in some way make out that SL was relevant. I still maintained that it was at best, a half baked competition that lasted one year.
Its not me that needs to get over SL, its the Sharks fans who keep making out they 'won' something in 1997.

Latest posts