What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Emilio

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well Mellars was one I never rated, along with a host of others.
some I did rate are well publicised, with jason kent probably being the biggest loss of up & coming players & in particular, utility players.
Players I rated include Peach, Stevo, Beatroot, Ice.
there were a ton I never rated & still don't.

Breadman

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Well Mellars was one I never rated, along with a host of others.
some I did rate are well publicised, with jason kent probably being the biggest loss of up & coming players & in particular, utility players.
Players I rated include Peach, Stevo, Beatroot, Ice.
there were a ton I never rated & still don't.

Good call, handled himself very well in the chances he got

Thomo.

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
with jason kent probably being the biggest loss of up & coming players & in particular, utility players.

i deadset agree with that one!

sharkadelic

Juniors
Jason Kent went ok in the utility role towards the end of his Stay and I agree he was starting to show potential, but I do remember that the Kent-Anderson centre pairing of a few years ago was probably the worst ever that did not include Lee Hookey.

*shudder* Truly ghastly.

carcharias

Immortal
blacktip-reefy said:
and been killing it in the UK ever since.
Why did he leave?

was it because of Ando coming..I recall him an ET having a great combo for a while.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think, not sure, he actually got flicked by ando & then went to souths for a year. Also , that pill distributor went as well.

DJDL

First Grade
Talk about looking upon the past through fluff-coloured glasses.

Jason Kent was rank average. If he was so good, why is he not tearing it up for another NRL team?

Ditto Brent Grose. Never did a lot wrong, but never looked like being a player who could turn a match with a flash of brilliance.

They were solid first graders, but hardly the guys to win a comp around.
I'd rather we let them go and try to unearth someone with more talent or potential.

Thomo.

First Grade
DJDL said:
Jason Kent was rank average. If he was so good, why is he not tearing it up for another NRL team?

Ditto Brent Grose. Never did a lot wrong, but never looked like being a player who could turn a match with a flash of brilliance.
Kent was going well at the end. grose was all round solid. he wouldn't let you down

Breadman

Juniors
Grose was always an outstanding defender and from what I have seen in SL his attack has picked up enormously. He won his teams player of the year or fullback of the year for the whole league...not sure but he won something. Would be very handy for us this year

carcharias

Immortal
For the ones who are bad judges.

<H2>Brent Grose
Squad No 1
Height: 1.82m
Weight: 92kg
DOB: 11/9/79
Signed: 2003
Contracted Until: November 2007
Warrington's Player of the Season in 2005, the cool-headed Australian enhanced his growing reputation with a confident transition from centre to fullback. He made more metres than any other back in Super League last season, and was ranked the leading outside back in the competition on the OPTA index. A cool and classy performer who has matured into one of the most dangerous strike players in the game, especially from long range. A solid defender with deceptively strong upper body strength and good footwork, Grose is a genuine all round three-quarter who fits any role in the backline. A Cronulla junior who was the Sharks' "Rookie of the Year" when he broke into first grade in 2001, Grose signed for South Sydney Rabbitohs on their readmittance to the NRL in 2002, finishing the season as the club's top scorer. Agreed a deal with Warrington for 2003 whilst on a backpacking trip around Europe with friends, he was hailed as the "find of the year" by coach Paul Cullen after a fine first season. Has since signed two contract extensions which will now see him stay in Warrington until at least the end of 2008. The model overseas professional, Grose has barely missed a game in his three seasons with the Wolves.
</H2>

http://warringtonwolves.com/home.htm

Bluto

Juniors
Whenever I was asked my opinion on Grose, it was "Solid". Not a match wimnner, but will never lose you the game. He was always in the right place in defence, and could read the game.
I would love to see him back at the Sharks.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Grose was alot better than many of the players that replaced him. Although in 2003 we could have had a backline that ended in Grose and Rieck. That would have given the hecklers heaps of ammo.

Latest posts