What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita battles depression

lockyno1

Post Whore
In before his 'I need a release to be closer to family'. Hope he gets better though

Danish

Referee
Slater will be looking forward to their game against the Sharks next year then

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You don't find Fifita's playing the depression card offensive towards people that really do battle this illness?

how about we let the medical professionals diagnose that rather than assuming..

thankfully not everyone makes the assumptions that you do, otherwise our suicide rate in this country would be a lot higher.

Ianc

Juniors
Because people like you make it hard for men to admit they have an issue until they hit rock bottom! Knob!

carcharias

Immortal
What's amazes me is that in this day and age people still don't know the difference between "his" and "he's".

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol, at the faux outrage at someone calling bullshit on depression. People are so scared of being called ignorant, that they can't express how they feel.

Fifita may or may not have depression. Only he'd know that. But let's not sit here & pretend it doesn't get exploited.

King hit someone = Alcoholic.

Killed = insane

Feeling meloncholy = despression.

Footy player mucking up = all of the above.

It's easy as f**k to get diagnosed with despression.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
When you see him and his brother on the Footy Show giggling non stop like little kids in that segment at every single word they say makes it hard to believe he could have depression,he seemed like a pretty damn happy person.Maybe he is a great actor.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
lol, at the faux outrage at someone calling bullshit on depression. People are so scared of being called ignorant, that they can't express how they feel.

Fifita may or may not have depression. Only he'd know that. But let's not sit here & pretend it doesn't get exploited.

Killed = insane

nope, mine is genuine outrage as i have worked in this field.

whilst there are people who use a faked depression as a cop out, that needs to be decided by professionals, not just the average joe.

it's attitudes of "oh, he's just faking it" or "he's just using it as a cover" that can send people suffering depression into a deeper spiral.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
When you see him and his brother on the Footy Show giggling non stop like little kids in that segment at every single word they say makes it hard to believe he could have depression,he seems like a pretty damn happy person.Maybe he is a great actor.

fitting choice of words....

williams.jpeg

grouch

First Grade

Killed = insane

lol at the outrage at faux outrage.

It's a serious illness that needs to be taken seriously because of the severe risk involved: look at Steve Rogers, Mosese Fotuaika, and even Preston Campbell. Crying about a boy-who-cried-wolf aspect to it is a distraction and actually dangerous

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Killed = insane

So not only are you good at diagnosing depression in people you know nothing about apart from what you read, you're also good at diagnosing fake outrage?

You're wasting your talents on moderating a league forum.

What I find outrageous is you, and others, believing they know what goes on inside other people's heads based on the knowledge you have on what goes on inside yours.

I couldn't give a f**k if I'm found to be ignorant. I don't know Andrew Fifita, nor do you. I don't know Darius Boyd, nor do you. Therefore, it's far from you and I to judge what conditions are leading to the behaviours he's exhibiting.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
When you see him and his brother on the Footy Show giggling non stop like little kids in that segment at every single word they say makes it hard to believe he could have depression,he seemed like a pretty damn happy person.Maybe he is a great actor.

The most devastating days of my life have still involved laughs. You're an idiot.

Latest posts