What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita snubs Kangaroos for to play for Tonga in World Cup

Vee

First Grade
This is the move of a follower.

..oh well at least he's doing it for the right reasons unlike Taumalolo.
Finally. Either not smart enough to think of it himself or not game to do it until someone even better showed him how. I wonder which it is.

And, despite the rumours about JT13, we’ve seen nothing from him about his reasons.

Vee

First Grade
47692223.jpg
You mean instead of Sharon Woods?

big hit!

Bench
Shouldn't have been selected to begin with, but that's not the point here.

This f**kwit and Jt should've declared for Tonga prior to this week.

I suppose it confirms the joke that is international rugby league at the mo.

He won't be selected for Aus again, and hopefully, NsW brush him aside too. A downhill runner, Become a powder puff when QLD manned up this year.

latingringo101

Juniors
Interesting to see Fafita choose Tonga over Oz. Similar to what happened for the Pacific Test in April.

Tonga will give NZ a run for their money

Emu01

Juniors
He has at least given the World Cup plenty of exposure.. It’s all over talk back radio this morning..

Every call for the last hour is about the World Cup.Thank you Andrew.

Vee

First Grade
Good article in SMH today quoting Cronk on the grill team bagging fatfita for a lack of respect. Cronk had no problem with him electing to play for Tonga, just not deciding until after he’d been picked for Oz.

Similar to my thoughts above. Fair dinkum, he’s a mental midget. if he wasn’t kissed on the arse by the football gods, he’d be holding a Stop/Go sign for the council.

adamkungl

Immortal
Good article in SMH today quoting Cronk on the grill team bagging fatfita for a lack of respect. Cronk had no problem with him electing to play for Tonga, just not deciding until after he’d been picked for Oz.

Similar to my thoughts above. Fair dinkum, he’s a mental midget. if he wasn’t kissed on the arse by the football gods, he’d be holding a Stop/Go sign for the council.

Another article said he called up Mal and had a good long chat and Mal was totally supportive.
Maybe if Mal said "Look we've already named the squad, I think it's in everyone's best interests that you stick to your commitment" Fifita stays?

Stallion

First Grade

What these announcements have done is put the world cup front and center of the media! Its a great means of publicity and spices up the tournament even more! Looking foward to it immensely! :relaxed:

betcats

Referee
Fantastic for Tonga I just don't see why both Fifita and JT wouldn't of come out before the AUS/NZ teams were picked.

Clarkent

Juniors

Didn't Aussie pick there team to face the kiwis earlier this year and then called in fifita after there was an injury... When fifita was already named in the tongan team and actually did promotional work for the Tongans... Bloody hypocrites

Saxon

Bench
Funny to hear Dunny Widler on Sky this morning desperately trying to defend Fafita.

Vee

First Grade
Didn't Aussie pick there team to face the kiwis earlier this year and then called in fifita after there was an injury... When fifita was already named in the tongan team and actually did promotional work for the Tongans... Bloody hypocrites
Not sure, If so, I guess it wasn’t as important to him then, strengthening my argument.

roughyedspud

Coach
Yes

Fifita was overlooked for the australia team for the Tasman test which free'd him up to be selected for tonga for the pacific test,Australia then had a injury and fifita was snatched out the Tongan team..

What's funny is the people on here that was fine with Australia taking him out the Tongan squad are the same ones whinging now Tonga have had him out of the Australia squad lol

no name

Coach
LOL at Cronk being 'disappointed' and thinking Fifita's timing was 'poor'.
The timing of Cronk signing new contracts in the late '00s was also disappointing and poor.

Latest posts