What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Bombshell???

Doctor

Bench
I does do a few things:

- Gives the supporters some clues as to his thinking. He says he's playing next year and possibly the year after depending on a few factors. That's fair enough -- I'm pretty happy that everyone knows what his plans are. Barring injury, we still have two cracks at the premiership, including this year.

- It tells everyone that he's feeling the strain and wants to prolong his career by offloading the burden. I don't think it's such a bad idea passing on the captaincy to Buderus.

- It gives clues as to his thinking on Brian Smith. The fact they haven't spoken yet is interesting. How they get along remains to be seen.

- There's still a likelihood he will go to England, despite the three games last year announced as a trade-off in return for him staying on for two years. I hope he doesn't spend 2008 in England when his big deal with Warrington last year was meant to be in return for his loyalty.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
I think handing over the captaincy to Danny B would be a good thing. Although as has been said he'd still play a very big leadership role both on and off the field.
As far as England is concerned I really hope if he is still capable of playing he stays with the Knights. If after 2008 he still thinks he has a year left in him then by all means go back to Warrington, but I won't be happy if he goes over in 08.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
yeah that was interesting. In 2001 he said he couldn;t imagine playing without the captaicy. Interesting to see his prioritys have changed. I can;t see him going to england. If his body isnt good enough to play over here. It wont be good enough to play over there.

northey

First Grade
Buderus already takes on the role of captain during the games, he can't help it.

i knew it wouldn't be anything big, if it was there would have had a press conference.
no embargo would have been in place for the tele to have first rights to the 'bombshell', which was a big sign to say it wasn't really anything big.
the fact that the headline is 'I might give up the Knights captaincy' is a bit of a give away that it isn't really big news. the word MIGHT is used, so he hasn't decided yet. If he had decided that he was going to give it up, that would have made the news and warrented a press conference.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
northey said:
Buderus already takes on the role of captain during the games, he can't help it.

i knew it wouldn't be anything big, if it was there would have had a press conference.
no embargo would have been in place for the tele to have first rights to the 'bombshell', which was a big sign to say it wasn't really anything big.
the fact that the headline is 'I might give up the Knights captaincy' is a bit of a give away that it isn't really big news. the word MIGHT is used, so he hasn't decided yet. If he had decided that he was going to give it up, that would have made the news and warrented a press conference.

I agree. Good point.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Johns could be looking at what has happened to other players who have given up the captaincy, and how that has change how they play.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Who else has done it? When Bedsy was captain of NSW and Johns just played, it seemed to work very well.

Latest posts