What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Voss' Commentary

Does Andrew Voss need to be institutionalised?

• Total voters

souths_reborn

Juniors
Is it just me or is Andrew Voss' commentary absolutely unbearable. I genuinely believe the guy is on the spectrum given how easily distracted he gets from the action and the irrelevant rhetoric he screams after a try is scored. The guy needs to be taken off the air and thrown in a padded cell as soon as possible for the good of the game!

souths_reborn

Juniors
Seriously are you joking .
He by far the best commentator in the game ...by a long long way
Surely that has to be Warren Smith? Dan Ginnane also knows how to commentate. His only problem is that he has a real bogan voice and sounds like sheep bleating when something exciting happens.

bileduct

Coach
Is it just me or is Andrew Voss' commentary absolutely unbearable. I genuinely believe the guy is on the spectrum given how easily distracted he gets from the action and the irrelevant rhetoric he screams after a try is scored. The guy needs to be taken off the air and thrown in a padded cell as soon as possible for the good of the game!
Nope, not just you.

I can't stand listening to the guy. If it's not useless stats like how many games has it been since an interchange player scored a try in the 73rd minute it's usually some other cringe bullshit. That's not to say he's the worst commentator, but he's certainly far from the best.

Warren Smith is my favourite.

flippikat

Bench
I can see how he'd be a little too esoteric for fans that just want a call without all the trivia, quirks, and irreverent asides... but I love it, he's my fave commentator by far.

But then again, quirkiness & trivia is kinda my thing.

Keep in mind, we have the spectacular "acrobat tries" we have now, thanks in no small part to Vossy & Phil Gould on Boots'n'All asking for the corner posts to no longer be deemed "out" if the ball carrier hits them.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Nope, not just you.

I can't stand listening to the guy. If it's not useless stats like how many games has it been since an interchange player scored a try in the 73rd minute it's usually some other cringe bullshit. That's not to say he's the worst commentator, but he's certainly far from the best.

Warren Smith is my favourite.
Another bad one is Ray Warren. He used to be absolutely fantastic but the guy is becoming rapidly senile and forgetting things. I think he should have been put out to stud a couple of years ago. He often goes on about not "wanting to stay on too long" but it is pretty clear that he has and that no one has the courage to tell him. I think a lot of people must feel sorry for him given that he had cancer and probably needed an outlet to take his mind off it.

souths_reborn

Juniors
I can see how he'd be a little too esoteric for fans that just want a call without all the trivia, quirks, and irreverent asides... but I love it, he's my fave commentator by far.

But then again, quirkiness & trivia is kinda my thing.

Keep in mind, we have the spectacular "acrobat tries" we have now, thanks in no small part to Vossy & Phil Gould on Boots'n'All asking for the corner posts to no longer be deemed "out" if the ball carrier hits them.
When I think of esoteric, I think of academics or professionals in a highly technical niche industry. Andrew Voss is neither or those nor is what he says often comprehendible. A lot of what he says is pure gibberish! I often get the impression that he gets on the nerves of Greg Alexander and Braith Anasta with how easily he gets distracted by something trivial.

Marty Go Eels

Juniors
Big fan of Voss, much prefer him to the other guys on Fox who get way too over-excited and shouty as someone else mentioned above. On the flipside we've got Matt Thompson and "Salty" (whoever that is) on Nine, who sound like the same person and both have zero charisma. Voss for the win.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Yeah Raymond was my fav fox commentator
I always got the vibe that the players really liked him as well. When he interview players after a loss he knew how to ask the right questions while still being respectful.

I haven't been following it but why has there been all this hatred towards Erin Molan these last couple of years?

souths_reborn

Juniors
Remind me again how this is a bad thing.
Well when you co-commentators are getting the s**** with you while on live tv, it is a pretty clear sign that you are unbearable to work with. In Voss' case, it is probably due to his incessant jibbering on things that are completely irrelevant to the game. For instance, I can remember one game a few years back where a referee fell over and Vossy almost wet his pants and went on about for 5 minutes.