What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Voss - why?

dragonic

Juniors
why is andrew voss all over channel 9's footy commentary shows?

he needs to go from the footy show. he has very poor interview technique and annoys the sh*t out of all the guests that come on.

on top of that - the things he does say are never funny. is he trying to say things that will ark them up? because all that happens is him laughing at his own jokes and awkward silences

he tries to get buddy-buddy with the players like he actually played the game once and generally just rubbishes everyone and everything in the game

i guess his style works OK on the sunday roast but on any other show he just comes across as an annoying nerd know it all

am i alone in thinking this or is it a common feeling towards him?

f**k off andrew voss!

dribblers09

Juniors
why is andrew voss all over channel 9's footy commentary shows?

he needs to go from the footy show. he has very poor interview technique and annoys the sh*t out of all the guests that come on.

on top of that - the things he does say are never funny. is he trying to say things that will ark them up? because all that happens is him laughing at his own jokes and awkward silences

he tries to get buddy-buddy with the players like he actually played the game once and generally just rubbishes everyone and everything in the game

i guess his style works OK on the sunday roast but on any other show he just comes across as an annoying nerd know it all

am i alone in thinking this or is it a common feeling towards him?

f**k off andrew voss!

You are definately alone in thinking this and therefore you officially know sweet faaaark all!

The Footy show is finally worth watching after a million years of it being on. With Voss they are finally talking about football instead of the usual garbage. Not only does he ask the hard questions, but more importantly, he keeps the topic solely on FOOTBALL!

Im not saying the Footy show is great, but its finally worth watching with Voss on the panel

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah I agree. I cannot stand the bloke. He just comes across as a bully and talks over the top of everybody. He may know his footy, but he is not a likeable nor entertaining personality and I cannot see the reasoning behind putting him on the Footy Show. He's just god damn awful.

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont agree at all.
Voss is great. He asks the right questions and is NOT a suck like that f**king wanker merkin M Johns. The past 4 yrs or so we have had to watch the likes of Harragon, Daley and Johns talk absolute dribble and avoid stepping on toes. The past has been a pathetic love fest jokathon. This year they finally give us what we (most of us) want.

Eels Dude

Coach
I dont agree at all.
Voss is great. He asks the right questions and is NOT a suck like that f**king wanker merkin M Johns. The past 4 yrs or so we have had to watch the likes of Harragon, Daley and Johns talk absolute dribble and avoid stepping on toes. The past has been a pathetic love fest jokathon. This year they finally give us what we (most of us) want.

Meaning you?

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Voss > M. Johns & Vautin.

At least he has the gonads to ask questions and tread on toes unlike Matt Johns who is too busy trying to pull his tongue out of everyone's backsides.

Now that Vossy is on they are actually starting to discuss more about Footy and less about the dribble that used to go on around there.

The show needs more Voss, Gould, Joey Johns, etc and less twits

Brutus

Referee
Voss is the best thing to happen to the Thursday Night Footy Show and should host the thing next year. That show was in dire need of someone willing to speak their mind and they have finally got it with Voss.

shaggy

Juniors
[FKN-SIK];5577142 said:
Voss > M. Johns & Vautin.

At least he has the gonads to ask questions and tread on toes unlike Matt Johns who is too busy trying to pull his tongue out of everyone's backsides.

like with the billy slater interview, matt was tryin to defend billy cause he works for them and voss is tryin to find out whats goin on at the storm and slaters feet first tackles

I dont agree at all.

Agreed. Genuine bloke who asks what we want to hear.

Charlie124

First Grade
Voss is the one reason the show is worth watching again, so you and that one other guy are very much in the minority

HevyDevy

Coach
I dont agree at all.

I have to agree.

There are only so many times you can watch blokes dressing up as women.

hutch

First Grade
he is the best thing that has happened to the footy show. he doesnt suck up to the players, he doesnt have alterior motives like fatty, matty, gould etc. and he knows a hell of a lot more about the sport as a whole than the other 2 despite not playing the game professionally.

i like the fact he grills the players on the show, sometimes hard questions needs to be asked. he doesnt have to be funny, its a sports show, not a comedy show. fatty and co should start realising this.

one more thing, he is by far the best commentator we have. sorry rabs, but you're past it, and you get walked over by gould, and have recently forgotten to call the actual game instead of just talking non stop for 80 minutes.

Canard

Immortal
...annoys the sh*t out of all the guests that come on.

THEN

he tries to get buddy-buddy with the players

I think your message is a bit all over the place.

Its personally good for me to see someone ask the players hard questions rather than the usual boring stuff.

Eels Dude

Coach
Voss is the one reason the show is worth watching again, so you and that one other guy are very much in the minority

This is a forum for decidated league supporters. I think you'll find that if you survey the general public and footy show viewers they may not agree so whole heartedly... or check out the Footy Show thread you'll find other reasons why people are not impressed by the bloke.

Charlie124

First Grade
This is a forum for decidated league supporters. I think you'll find that if you survey the general public and footy show viewers they may not agree so whole heartedly... or check out the Footy Show thread you'll find other reasons why people are not impressed by the bloke.

Perhaps i needed to be clearer.

You and the guy who started this thread are very much in the minority of people this question was posed to, you know, here on the forum dedicated league supporters.

Eels Dude

Coach
Perhaps i needed to be clearer.

You and the guy who started this thread are very much in the minority of people this question was posed to, you know, here on the forum dedicated league supporters.

Yoy may be correct. But if you look through the Footy Show thread I think you'll find a lot of the people who have watched the show are very criticical of his inclusion. 6 or 7 people in this thread stating he does a good job does not really prove anything. Personally I find the bloke arrogant and overbearing. We need Sterlo back on ASAP. Smart football brain, likeable, and is not afraid to express an opinion.