What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Voss - why?

sando88

Not a Moderator
he suits the sunday footy show. wouldnt last on the roast with all the ego's.. and the style of the thursday footy show just didnt suit him. a balance of footy/humour is what was needed.

it just always seems awkward when he expresses his opinion or when doing commentating, maybe its just his voice lol

hutch

First Grade
Voss is rubbish, he has absolutely no idea what the hell he is talking about.

despite never playing the game to any high level, he knows more abot rugby league than the other two combined. he is extremely aware of the international scene and other important issues, as well as the game itself.

S.R.

Juniors
Sterlo isn't THE knowledge king that some of you have made out! Check out his 2009 NSW Origin team that he wrote for the Newcastle Herald!!!

I've picked a run-on side that I believe is the form NSW team from the opening six rounds: Fullback - Kurt Gidley. Wingers - James
McManus, Joel Reddy. Centres - Michael Jennings, Chris Lawrence. Five-eighth - Jamie Soward. Half - Peter Wallace. Lock - Trent Waterhouse. 2nd Row - Matt Prior, Ben Creagh. Props - Michael Weyman, Keith Galloway. Hooker - Michael Ennis.

GALLOWAY?
PRIOR?
REDDY?

:shock:

sando88

Not a Moderator
galloway is in most people's teams

but yeah reddy, prior, soward wtf? lol.. i think he just needed his parramatta fix and didnt want to come across as bias and include hindmarsh so he just snuck reddy in there haha

Tom Ace

Bench
Sterlo isn't THE knowledge king that some of you have made out! Check out his 2009 NSW Origin team that he wrote for the Newcastle Herald!!!

GALLOWAY?
PRIOR?
REDDY?

:shock:

As the quote says, perhaps he has demonstrated a side that is picked purely on current form, not necessarily who he'd pick if he took into account experience/combinations/match ups etc.

S.R.

Juniors
Hmmmm Galloway wouldn't even be in my Cronulla Sharks team!!
If he picked it purely on form, then it was a pointless article.

Anyway, back to the point, Vossy is a toolbag.

Flapper

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];5577142 said:
Voss > M. Johns & Vautin.

Thisis so right it isn't funny. He keeps a level head, doesn't dissolve into stupid caricatures, doesn't say that they'll be wearing skirts out there. We just need two more people who can talk footy, but are slightly entertaining. Johns and Vautin are the two problems with the show, Voss is the thing that's almost fixing it.

Ladmate

Bench
Hmmmm Galloway wouldn't even be in my Cronulla Sharks team!!
If he picked it purely on form, then it was a pointless article.

Anyway, back to the point, Vossy is a toolbag.

You havent seen a Tigers game this year have you?

Hanscholo

Bench
Voss is an intelligent RL journo. He suffers from being overly opinionated and suffers even worse from not being able to shut his mouth when needed. Its ok on the roast, because the point of the show is opinion and nonsense. When you put him in on the footy show he starts to become annoying as he wrestles with vautin and johns for control over where the discussion is going. He has a really insulting way about him, vautin and johns can take the piss without alienating the target or making people feel uncomfortable, voss cannot.

As i say, I am not convinced on this guy yet. He makes some cunning observations about the game, and in the same breath seems to be able to sh*t to tears everyone watching and around him with his attempts at being funny. In my opinion he needs to leave the footy show, put a former player on their for colour and let Voss go back to the roast and his calls. That is where he goes really well.

Ladmate

Bench
Yeah I have. Galloway is average. Goes missing.
Has always been a powderpuff when it gets tough.
He would get smashed in Origin.

Who else agrees with you? He averages around 9-10m a hitup. Name me one better Cronulla prop. The only one you could say is Douglas, the rest are hopeless.

sando88

Not a Moderator
Galloway is better then every sharks forward atm.. he musn't watch sharks games lol.