What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annual NRL Forum Poll Awards 2007: Fullback

vote for the best fullback in 2007.

• William Zillman

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • David Peachey

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Billy Slater

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Kurt Gidley

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sam Perrett

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wade Mckinnon

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Preston Cambell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhys Wesser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Hornby

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Luke Burt

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Luke Patten

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Brett Stewart

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Jarryd Hayne

• Nathan Merritt

• Karmichael Hunt

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Matt Bowen

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • Brett Hodgson

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redback71

First Grade
Welcome to the Annual League Unlimited Nrl forum poll awards, where we the fans get to vote for the Best player(s) of the year 2007.

I am hoping this will become an annual end of season event (much to the annoyance of timmah) and the players we vote for will make the team of 2007.

This weeks nominations are for Fullback(and you are required to vote for one player this time round. the player that polls the most votes will get jumper 3 and the player that receives the 2nd most votes will get jumper 4) so hang 10 for a second or two while I get the poll up and running and then let the voting begin.

Ps: for some category's it is impossible to fit all players in the poll for there respective positions such as wing and centre, so ill pick only the more popular players or those who have represented there state or country.

Sorry for any disappointment if your favourite player is left out.

Dutchy

Immortal
Based on improvement from 06 - and also IMO the most in-form in 2007 - Brett Stewart...Followed closely by Matt Bowen.

Redback71

First Grade
very hard one. as much as i like luke burt. the stand out for me has to be Wade Mckinnon.

Garts

Bench
Brett Stewart for mine, albeit I am bias.

He has not played a bad game for us, broke into rep footy this year and played extremely well. Should get Dally M Fullback of the Year!!!!

stevie013

Juniors
i chose wade mckinnon. he is probably the main reason the warriors are where they are right now, without him, they lose just about everything in attack IMO.

dragonfire

Bench
I agree McKinnon's form has been brilliant, the only problem for him in getting the recognition of the Bowens/Hunts is that he is in NZ in my opinion. BTW why is Hayne up thre as well as Burt? Inu should be first choice fullback over Hayne in my opinion after Burt

Ice777

Bench
Dutchy said:
Based on improvement from 06 - and also IMO the most in-form in 2007 - Brett Stewart...Followed closely by Matt Bowen.

Gee now there's a surprise :lol:

Matt Bowen i think.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I voted McKinnon, however Bowen and Stewart in particular have had awesome seasons also.

MattJ

Juniors
I voted Mckinnon, however if it were not for injury, i have a feeling a lot of people would have voted Burt this season

Redback71

First Grade
I agree McKinnon's form has been brilliant, the only problem for him in getting the recognition of the Bowens/Hunts is that he is in NZ in my opinion. BTW why is Hayne up thre as well as Burt? Inu should be first choice fullback over Hayne in my opinion after Burt

because he has been playing fullback for the last 3 or 4 weeks and will so for the next 4 weeks while burt is injured.

ozbash

Referee
stevie013 said:
i chose wade mckinnon. he is probably the main reason the warriors are where they are right now, without him, they lose just about everything in attack IMO.

shows you know sfa about the warriors.

I voted McWade

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its between 3, McKinnon, Stewart and Bowen.

but Id say Bowen, since he has improved since 2006 and hasnt put a foot wrong this year.

The other two Id say are a fingernail behind.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd say there's still eight weeks of Rugby League left and the poller is a nuisance :)