What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annual NRL Forum Poll Awards 2007: Fullback

vote for the best fullback in 2007.

• William Zillman

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • David Peachey

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Billy Slater

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Kurt Gidley

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sam Perrett

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wade Mckinnon

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Preston Cambell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhys Wesser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Hornby

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Luke Burt

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Luke Patten

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Brett Stewart

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Jarryd Hayne

• Nathan Merritt

• Karmichael Hunt

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Matt Bowen

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • Brett Hodgson

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rovelli

Bench
Is it also fair to say that Gidley's hasn't been quite on form recently (injuries? form slump?)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mackinnon just ahead of Stewart and Bowen, And thats leaving out guys like Gidley,Burt and Patten. Very hot field.

Apey

Staff member
Rovelli said:
Is it also fair to say that Gidley's hasn't been quite on form recently (injuries? form slump?)

First one is closest; he has been playing on needles since Origin.

I went Stewart :p

Mr Saab

Referee
Marshall_magic said:
McKinnon by the distance from Parramatta Stadium to Mt Smart

What he said. McKinnon has been a sensational player in 2007.
Love the anger in the dressing rooms too!

perverse

Referee
Rovelli said:
yeah it's definitely fair to say.. but he's still our best on the field week in, week out.. but that isn't really saying too much.

Charlie124

First Grade
Rovelli said:
McKinnon:
- has gone from a solid first-grader whilst with Parramatta to being the Warriors' star back
- he was a top-10 player in Dally M voting until it became hidden
- is second in line-breaks behind Matt Bowen
- is a great tackle-breaker, with a great fend
- has scored 9 tries this season, and been in the right place at the right time more often than not
- if NSW teams were being picked, he'd definitely be a go for the City/Country team (depending on what team eligible), if not the SOO team itself.

Each to their own of course but those reasons for choosing McKinnon seem a littte strange if you match them up with Bowen.
- both star backs, fair enough
- Bowen was also a top 10 in the dally Ms before going underground
- McKinnon is second in line-breaks behind Matt Bowen
- Bowen has also been outstanding in defence this year
- Bowen has scored double the ammount of tries that McKinnon has and is leading the comp
- Bowen has played SOO as recently as this year.

again, im not disputing how good Mckinnon has been this year and i would definatly have him 2nd behind Bowen. I just found the reasons themselves a little odd.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Charlie124 said:
Each to their own of course but those reasons for choosing McKinnon seem a littte strange if you match them up with Bowen.
- both star backs, fair enough
- Bowen was also a top 10 in the dally Ms before going underground
- McKinnon is second in line-breaks behind Matt Bowen
- Bowen has also been outstanding in defence this year
- Bowen has scored double the ammount of tries that McKinnon has and is leading the comp
- Bowen has played SOO as recently as this year.

again, im not disputing how good Mckinnon has been this year and i would definatly have him 2nd behind Bowen. I just found the reasons themselves a little odd.

Rovelli says of Wade what you are saying of your own fullback. Each to their own.

Charlie124

First Grade
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Rovelli says of Wade what you are saying of your own fullback. Each to their own.

I agree each to their own, in fact they were the first 4 words of my post :sarcasm:

I was just pointing out that the reasons/criteria he used to come to the conclusion that McKinnin was the best Fullback are a little strange when you consider that Bowen is better or at least level on all of those things, he even said himself that McKinnon was second behind Bowen in one of them.

Redback71

First Grade
I don't think it was an easy choice - McKinnon was and still is clearly a better fullback than Burt.

actually mckinnon was really close to resigning with the eels. but at the last minute he go the offer from the warriors and decided to cross over.

JJ

Immortal
I went McKinnon, just ahead of Bowen. Stewart a distant third.

Would have considered Burt if not for injury