What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Broncos Player In Trouble

Big Pete

Referee
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/article/2006/09/12/741_news.html
Young Bronco to taste whip

12Sep06

ANOTHER Brisbane Bronco is in hot water over a series of off-field offences.

Following the sensational sacking of players Neville Costigan and Brett Seymour last month, former Gold Coast schoolboy Greg Eastwood, a star in the making, will be read the riot act by club management after repeated driving offences.

Eastwood, 19, faced the Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Friday charged with driving while disqualified, the second time this year he has been stopped for driving without a licence.

The New Zealand-born Keebra Park graduate's day in court was followed yesterday by the final chapter in the Costigan saga.

Speaking outside a Brisbane court, Costigan, who will play for Canberra next year, admitted he deserved everything he got after being fined $900 and banned from driving for seven months for drink-driving.

Eastwood, who would have made his Test debut for the Kiwis this year had he not been injured, lost his licence after being busted for seven driving offences in the space of five weeks during December-January.

Broncos boss Bruno Cullen, who was unaware of Eastwood's long list of driving offences until contacted by The Bulletin yesterday, said the youngster would be given a fierce lecture about acceptable player behaviour.

"I didn't know about any of this until you told me, but you can be assured he will be copping a severe talking to," he said.

"It will be a fair dressing down."

Eastwood is a rising star at the Broncos, though a recent ankle injury has cost him his place in the top side.

He will line up for the Broncos feeder club, the Toowoomba Clydesdales, in this weekend's Queensland Cup Grand Final.

After losing his licence earlier this year, Eastwood was caught driving on April 11 on the Logan motorway, resulting in a $350 fine.

He was spotted driving again on April 23 on Chambers Flat Road at Marsden.

He will reappear in the Beenleigh Magistrates Court on September 29.

Eastwood debuted for the Broncos last year and has been so impressive he was drafted into the New Zealand side for a Test spot against Great Britain, only to be forced out through injury.

Meanwhile, Costigan said he deserved everything that came his way after being arrested three times over the blood alcohol limit on August 2.

"I've made a foolish choice in life, I'm just glad no one got injured on the night," he said.

----------

I wonder what will happen within the club. Do we remain consistent or do we keep the young talent?

Thoughts?

You'd think that they should remain constant. However, I don't think that'll be the approach they take. They'll give the kid another go.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
wonder if this is why he hasnt been put back into first grade. I thibnk the thing with seymour and costigan is taht appears to have been several warning preceeding their sackings

sheldy

Juniors
I agree. I really hope that they dont let him go but the should keep constant. But was his offence as bad as the others?

Latest posts