What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Canberra star locked up for police punch up

Seems a really strange thing to make up... But it doesn't seem strange that someone would yell "Squid game" at an Asian person. Wrong, sure. But strange, no.

No, we don't know 100%, but it's definitely more plausible that he said it, rather than someone making it up. Well, in my mind anyway, but I'm just a pleb on an NRL site.

personally I find it strange for someone under the age of about 50 to pull that, most younger people would probably have grown up in a school with a solid Asian contingent.

The_Frog

First Grade
If Teddy is guilty, he should fess up and apologise as should the club. The reason I’m not writing off the misunderstanding angle yet is it seems like “Squid Games” (was there more to it?) is an odd and very lame insult to make. It’s like going up to an Italian and saying “Sopranos”. Granted, league players are not a clever bunch, so who knows.
Doesn't pass the pub test IMHO. People of Asian appearance are ubiquitous around Sydney. If Teddy was thus inclined, surely this would have happened long before. And yes its a lame insult, the sort of thing eight year olds would do.

If it is as teddy recalls he could easily make an apology stating its a huge misunderstanding and he's sorry if she was offended. No skin off his nose and the situation is resolved.
But I've never played in the nrl so don't know what its like to have such an inflated ego.

gerg

Juniors
Apologies in going off topic, but as a Raiders fan it's pleasing to see the club sign a good, clean living guy who will be a positive influence on the playing group. A teetotaller who also happens to be a family man and very respectful to the opposite sex. A guy that can single-handedly change the culture of the club, where others have failed. Welcome to the club Adam Elliott.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Apologies in going off topic, but as a Raiders fan it's pleasing to see the club sign a good, clean living guy who will be a positive influence on the playing group. A teetotaller who also happens to be a family man and very respectful to the opposite sex. A guy that can single-handedly change the culture of the club, where others have failed. Welcome to the club Adam Elliott.
Next on the hit list should be josh McGuire

The_Frog

First Grade
If it is as teddy recalls he could easily make an apology stating its a huge misunderstanding and he's sorry if she was offended. No skin off his nose and the situation is resolved.
But I've never played in the nrl so don't know what its like to have such an inflated ego.
I wasn't there so no idea what happened. But it's pretty damn obvious it was in the interests of the NRL to come down on the side of the Vietnamese lady. Not only gets the media off their case (for now) but swells their coffers that little bit more. I wonder what the RLPA have to say about this. And shouldn't he get 2 weeks for lying the first time he was questioned?

Tedesco cleared of racial slur but fined anyways for "drunken behaviour", whatever that means

That don't make sense - Has the Women the problem though - was she insulted in being linked to a Korean show when not of a Korean background. If the show was Vietnamese would it be an issue - Some of the Asians folk are more racist than white folk due to historical events that took place. Koreans/Singaporians/Malays etc are not fond of Japanese folk for instance

Tedesco cleared of racial slur but fined anyways for "drunken behaviour", whatever that means

It means they think he did it but there’s no hard proof so we will hit him with another bogus charge instead. The ladies involved are vindicated, Tedesco has to cough up a weeks wages but his reputation remains somewhat in tact and the NRL diffuse the situation and chuck a few bucks in their coffers. Everybody prospers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Back to canberra I see the nob Scott is being given another chance by Parra lol. And we wonder why players never learn.