What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Easts shock signing -where is the money coming from?

Sydney Carton

Juniors
I have heard on the grapevine that Easts have signed former bronco Andrew Gee and he will be on the paddock within two weeks.

I hear it will be $1000 a game like Renouf.

And does anyone from Easts wish to comment on Darren Smith's salary?

Unbelievable amount apparently. Only the likes of South Sydney would have been able to beat it for his services.... :shock:

have a guess how much

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
haha classic i bullshitted to some bloke that andrew gee was coming back to play for easts too...i think it was predictable that he would make a comeback in the qld cup. just seemed like the sorta bloke too...

oxenham

Juniors
Isn't there a salary cap.....how does it work for Norths Toowoomba and young guns......if it is abused by the stronger clubs one fears for the future of clubs like BV and the comp needs the BVs and Wests.I know Clubs will probably get around these issues by employing players as development officers, which would not cut it in the NRL or AFL.The stronger clubs may also argue by signing high profile players to above the norm contracts(and a 1000 a game ,if that is the case ,would probably be close to half the winning bonus of the whole BV team and would be obscene in the QC) they are promoting the game, which holds some weight ,but at what cost(excuse the pun)? There is a good article in yesterdays CM(yes occasionally they do have some)about the local rules comp where this isue is raised and compares Southport(read Easts)and Mayne(read BV).They(AFL) have already identified a problem and maybe its time the QRL does too.....or do they already audit the books.....or does this all happen when the clubs make their yearly applications ?

XXXX Cap

Juniors
There is no salary cap in the Queensland Cup.

From a practical viewpoint, it would be impossible to administer given the structures of the teams in the competition. How much do you count for Rodney Howe playing a couple of games for Norths ?

The QRL does need to look at ways to assist struggling clubs but it probably can't be don't via a salary cap.

oxenham

Juniors
I wonder how the QAFL handle the salary cap and the cubs.The QRL would appear not to have a great track record in assisting waeker clubs.Was there ever a salary cap.....I am sure there was one at some stage.

Big Tommy

Juniors
The bloke still has a week or two suspension to serve doesn't he from some pretty "low" acts in his last Broncos game against St George?

Or has he already?

mud n blood

Juniors
there is a salary cap in the AFLQ, but it is not policed. The big push is now on to police a minimum 25g and maximum 100g cap next year.

The South East division does however have some minimum payment requirements for clubs, but chooses to be spineless about policing it and all the other requirements to play Qld Cup ....

Latest posts