What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Former NRL Player for the AMNRL?

deluded pom?

Coach
The latest tweet from Mr Niu is that former Warrior and Kiwi Wairangi Koopu will be the next ex NRL player to head to the AMNRL. Interesing times if true.

Last edited:

jim_57

Staff member
4 now? interesting stuff indeed. Nothing more on the supposed series in July?

Cheby

Juniors
Here's some news for you: Neither Jye Mullane nor Tony Duggan will be playing in the AMNRL this year.

Here's some news for you: Neither Jye Mullane nor Tony Duggan will be playing in the AMNRL this year.
so they wont be playing this year? and also do you happen to know where wairangi is headed i would guess the warriors they have a large amount of pacific islanders playing for them

jim_57

Staff member
Which series do you mean Jim? The NRLUS?

Wasn't there supposed to be a series (for lack of a better word) in July where all the teams play at the one venue and there's about 6 rounds? Haven't heard anything for a while so maybe it's not on.

deluded pom?

Coach
If you mean the War on the Shore it's supposed to be set for July. It's always gone ahead in the past so I don't have any reason to believe it won't happen this season.

jim_57

Staff member
If you mean the War on the Shore it's supposed to be set for July. It's always gone ahead in the past so I don't have any reason to believe it won't happen this season.

Nah not War on the Shore. it was a revised form of the NRLUS, where they had 6 magic weekend like weeks where all the teams played at one venue every week and it moved venues every week. Haven't heard anything for ages so probably not on but it was supposed to start July 4.

winnyason

Juniors
We will know in about 3 and a bit weeks Jim if it is to go ahead, with the gala(supposed) launch on july 4th. i find it interesting that wagon and now Koopu and in the amnrl there for bigger plans, i am guessing that Steve Mascord with annouce a delay to NRLUS, which in reality means cannot raise money for the project.

now on nius twitter he says former bulldog reece blayney wil join fairfax eagles and wairangi koopu and awen guttenbeil will not play in the amnrl

Fairfax Eagles

Juniors
Reece arrived in Fairfax yesterday, will take part in his first training session with the Eagles tonight.

More signings possible in the coming week.....

Gotta say I've never heard of him. But if he was from the Dogs, even in the lowe grades, he'd be a handy player at AMNRL level.

deluded pom?

Coach
The latest tweet has David Niu retracting the statement that Koopu and Guttenbeil will be joining the AMNRL in 2010.

Latest posts