What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Local Junior Leaves!

jc155776

Coach
It was insiuated that we are letting go a player that other clubs are a better judge of players and use Ice and Bickers as examples. We released Ice and Bickers and in term signed Thomo and upgraded Birds contract so it could also be that another club has a POOR sense in judging players by signing Lovegrove as a potential NRL starter?

Like others have said he has a tendency to go missing when times get tough. Our doesnt need anymore of them...

However the fact that we have unable to develop him in this aspect of the game and hence not see the value of resigning him may be a bigger issue...

Frenzy.

Immortal
Can you write that again. But this time use English in the first sentence as it'd be nice to reply to you.

It was insiuated that we are letting go a player that other clubs are a better judge of players and use Ice and Bickers as examples.

Doesn't even make sense. "letting go a player that other clubs are a better judge of players" What's that?

Macca

Coach
Seems pretty obvious to me.

You are saying St.Geo-Illa are a btter judge of a footballer based on them buying Bick and Ise.

JC says we retained better second rowers than those 2 so maybe they're not.

imasharkie

Coach
jc155776 said:
It was insiuated that we are letting go a player that other clubs are a better judge of players and use Ice and Bickers as examples. We released Ice and Bickers and in term signed Thomo and upgraded Birds contract so it could also be that another club has a POOR sense in judging players by signing Lovegrove as a potential NRL starter?

Like others have said he has a tendency to go missing when times get tough. Our doesnt need anymore of them...

However the fact that we have unable to develop him in this aspect of the game and hence not see the value of resigning him may be a bigger issue...

Careful there jc.

It's a well known fact on this forum that a few posters rated Ice and Bickers and were'nt too happy to see them leave. You'll open up that preferrable can of worms with one of them now. Look out for the rest to come to the party mate.
Not me I was happy to see them go.

Frenzy.

Immortal
imasharkie said:
Careful there jc.

It's a well known fact on this forum that a few posters rated Ice and Bickers and were'nt too happy to see them leave. You'll open up that preferrable can of worms with one of them now. Look out for the rest to come to the party mate.
Not me I was happy to see them go.

He won't open up anything Uncle. Fact is he missed the point altogether. Then tried to explain it away using pigeon English.

Go back to PJ's post and see what he said. Substitute the names for Smith, Jones and MacGillicuddy if you have to, doesn't matter. Then read my reply. Then read what the product of our universities turned out.

FMFF it's not hard to understand basic concepts then reply to them in English is it? To think he'll be defending/prosecuting people in a few short years.

Scary.

eMPee

Juniors
I mentioned lovegrove leaving in the hilder thread although i didnt name him, apparently the sharks didnt know about it at the time. Ahh well see how he goes, maybe saints can develop him into a fine player.

jc155776

Coach
Yeah so in the haste of writing on an INTERNET FORUM my grammer is somewhat shoddy. But two out of three get what I'm saying so now someone else has deciphered my horrible code you can now comment on the substance and not how it was written.

Special K

Coach
The new national comp would be under 20's. Lovegrove could play that for two more years. With the new comp does that mean he is stuck in that comp for two years? Hence we are letting him go as we dont want to pay him two years basically for SFA?

jc155776

Coach
Frenzy. said:
Then read what the product of our universities turned out.

FMFF it's not hard to understand basic concepts then reply to them in English is it? To think he'll be defending/prosecuting people in a few short years.

Scary.

And will be earning more money too. f**k that must burn you...

The Popper

Bench
When you can't buy anybody measurably better, stick with the juniors. At least you know you're usually gonna get 100% of what they've got to offer.

PJ

First Grade
You know Pop that is pretty much what Greg Pierce told us at the CSSC meeting, then went around safting as many locals as he could.

The Popper

Bench
PJ said:
You know Pop that is pretty much what Greg Pierce told us at the CSSC meeting, then went around safting as many locals as he could.
He shoulda stuck to his guns, PJ. You unfairly shaft one young bloke, and all the rest get to hear about it...negative vibes can pervade.