What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Pet Peeve - Half Time Show

theicemandanno

Juniors
Piss Poor.

Not even a full song of dancing was given by the cheerleaders.

We were standing aimlessly for 10 mins before the 2nd half.

Why would people want to leave the comfort of there home instead of forking out $80 to go to the game?

This must improve Parra. It dulled the atmosphere also.

What a great opportunity it would have been for the club to send out a thankyou for all the support received for Michael Vella. An ad could have been played on the big screen promoting the calender to raise cash for thyroid cancer research. (Where was the promotion of this great endevour Parra?????????) Or better yet, a promo hyping the return of Vella....

Really Parra, this is not on! And that dropkick ground announcer who looks like an Australian Idol reject is utter garbage. To quote from the Simpsons.........'He doesn't make me want to cheer'.

At least the Subway Sandwich had some charisma cause that dropkick didnt.

scottyeel

Bench
theicemandanno said:
Piss Poor.

Not even a full song of dancing was given by the cheerleaders.

We were standing aimlessly for 10 mins before the 2nd half.

Why would people want to leave the comfort of there home instead of forking out $80 to go to the game?

This must improve Parra. It dulled the atmosphere also.

What a great opportunity it would have been for the club to send out a thankyou for all the support received for Michael Vella. An ad could have been played on the big screen promoting the calender to raise cash for thyroid cancer research. (Where was the promotion of this great endevour Parra?????????) Or better yet, a promo hyping the return of Vella....

Really Parra, this is not on! And that dropkick ground announcer who looks like an Australian Idol reject is utter garbage. To quote from the Simpsons.........'He doesn't make me want to cheer'.

At least the Subway Sandwich had some charisma cause that dropkick didnt.
There was an ad on for this at half time

fish eel

Immortal
the half time show was the same as its been for what, the last three years?

Every now and then, they'll put on a contest, but thats about it.

They should bring back Peter Wynn and the bomb machine

Goleel

Juniors
Remember the days when we'd get those dance 'spectaculars'? The James Bond show, the Buddy Holly show, the Elvis show, whatever the local school dance group could come up with. Nobody cared about those either, which is why I'd say we get the cheerleaders now for our half time entertainment.

That subway sandwich though, that was possibly the stupidest looking mascot I've ever seen, I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

I was hoping they'd at least introduce Vella to the crowd before the game or something, maybe to say a few words but at least for him to hear the whole crowd behind him, instead it was like he wasn't even there. He would have got a massive roar had he come out onto the field. Ah well, for $8 on the North Hill, what can you expect, the team played about to a standard that I paid for too, so I can't even complain about that!

Glenn

First Grade
The EELiminator said:
Was the space cow still there?

No space cow :cry: ;-)

As for the cheer leaders think they got hit by a technical hitch...okay ladies which one pulled the plug Nikki?? Jess?? Rowdy?? Hellchick???? :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm happy for nothing to happen at half time! it's all a waste of time to me, I sat there with fish eel discussing our pitfalls for the half didn't take any notice of what was going on in the middle. nor do I give too hoots

MystikEel

Juniors
Glenn said:
The EELiminator said:
Was the space cow still there?

No space cow :cry: ;-)

As for the cheer leaders think they got hit by a technical hitch...okay ladies which one pulled the plug Nikki?? Jess?? Rowdy?? Hellchick???? :lol:
If I was there, you know who would have done it :twisted:

planeteels

Juniors
YOU WANT ENTERTAINMENT AT HALF TIME...

GO SEE A FRIGGIN SHOW!!!

YOU ARE THERE TO WATCH FOOTY!!! A MAJORITY OF PEOPLE IN THE CROWD DON'T WATCH THE FIELD ACTIVITIES COS THEY ARE EITHER AT THE TOILET OR GETTING FOOD/DRINK.. THE OTHERS ARE TOO BUSY TALKING TO PEOPLE AROUND THEM ABOUT THE FIRST HALF.

Goddam people GROW UP!!! You have much better things to whinge about. You people make me sick. If you complain this much at a Young Age, I can't wait til you are in your 60's...

FFS get on with life and try and be at least a little positive.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Mate you have a very narrow view of the type of person that attends the football.

I can just see 5 year olds lining up for a beer at halftime, or better still, debating the nuances of the ball stripping rule during the half time break.

It is pathetic and indicative of the approach our club has towards the game at the moment.

So while you bucketarses on the hill bring back your half a dozen pies to your seats, think about the young families sitting around you.

The club needs to lift its game in a number of areas, the half time entertainment being one of them.

planeteels

Juniors
theicemandanno said:
Mate you have a very narrow view of the type of person that attends the football.

I can just see 5 year olds lining up for a beer at halftime, or better still, debating the nuances of the ball stripping rule during the half time break.

It is pathetic and indicative of the approach our club has towards the game at the moment.

So while you bucketarses on the hill bring back your half a dozen pies to your seats, think about the young families sitting around you.

The club needs to lift its game in a number of areas, the half time entertainment being one of them.

No mate, my view isn't "NARROW"... it is realistic.

My view is actually quite real... one can often see Parents with their Children waiting in the lines at the Toilets or at the Kiosks...

I don't think it's the Children that have the issue with the entertainment.. most of them are chuffed to just see Sparky walking around the field. I don't think I've ever heard a 5 year old Child leave a Footy match and say to their Parents "gee Mum/Dad.. the Half Time entertainment was bad tonight"

And to accuse the Eels office of being ignorant towards fans in whatever aspect/s you feel are lacking, I would request that you go down and have a look at just what the Eels staff do in the lead up and on Game days!! The staff in the office work 5 days a week to get the games planned and then they are out there on a Game day for the ENTIRE DAY continually co-ordinating people/events to ensure that the thing runs smoothly.

It is isn't as simple as you believe.. In fact, I dare say that the only reason it may appear "simple" to many people is due to the effort that the Staff put in!!!

Besides the points above.. have you ever stopped and thought about costs involved to get the "quality entertainment"? Have you ever considered the logistics of getting the entertainment underway and completed in time for FOX SPORTS/CHANNEL 9 to recommence their Broadcasts on time (and yes, I agree that it isn't all about TV - but reality is that TV is a huge part of League now and that's how it runs)

If you have an idea of something as part of Halftime entertainment, don't whinge about it.. Send an email through to the Eels Office and make a suggestion.

Oh, and another bit of Info for you to think about...

The Eels as is the case with many other Sporting Clubs have had to carefully assess the type of entertainment they provide due to Legal Reasons... You would have noticed the distinct lack of Half-time on-field Physical Crowd Participation activities.. This is because of a number of leeches out there who have successfully SUED organisations due to "alleged injuries" that they sustain during their participation in such activities..

As I've said above, do not criticise people about something you have no idea about.!!!!

Don't waste your thoughts on the Forums.. send an email through to Parra Office.

As I said in my previous post... If you want 10 minutes of Entertainment GO TO A SHOW!!!

OR

Consider staying home and watch CABLE TV!! Afterall you can change the channel to fill in gaps!!!

The Godfather

Juniors
planeteels said:
[
As I said in my previous post... If you want 10 minutes of Entertainment GO TO A SHOW!!!

OR

Consider staying home and watch CABLE TV!! Afterall you can change the channel to fill in gaps!!!

:thumnn

AGREED !!!
I'm sick of paying $100+ to take the family, lining up to buy overpriced plastic food, watered down drinks for what is supposed to be a good day out.

Parra Stadium is not what it used to be....no fun, bleak atmosphere and the Eels should take a look at how the other clubs eg Panthers, Broncos, make the day really enjoyable for the family regardless of the footy.

You are extremely narrow minded, jason, very much so.

imagine this for halftime - me standing in the middle of the ground, scratching myself, sucking down bungers and scolling schooners..........for ten minutes!

Now THAT'S entertainment! Broaden your mind a little, jase, and SEE THE POSSIBILITIES!

planeteels

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:

imagine this for halftime - me standing in the middle of the ground, scratching myself, sucking down bungers and scolling schooners..........for ten minutes!

Now THAT'S entertainment! Broaden your mind a little, jase, and SEE THE POSSIBILITIES!

But... all of us "BUCKETARSES" on the hill see that every week and have done so for the past few years!!! LOL

junior009

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:

You are, quite simply a knob!!!