What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another season over

smacky

Juniors
Well there we have it. as usually another great way to finish the season... Once again brown has proven his faults. Unless soward is injured and we dont know then i dont understand how he did not get picked.

Well the era of brown is over and hopefully we can fill our potential with a good coach.

I think frustration is the only way dragons can finish a season...lets hope next yr is different

sigh...

j0nesy

Bench
To be honest if you told me at the start of the season we'd finish 7th I would have been happy. I really didn't think we'd make the top 8. So in that regard it's been a decent season.

I was a big Browny fan as a player, but as a coach he has been very, very mediocre IMHO. Still, I wish him all the best next season.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Bennett at the club next season, I think he's made some very smart signings. I'm tipping us to make the top 8 next season.

As for Rogers I'll be very, very glad to see the back of him.

Russo

Juniors
Frustration is just an excuse that us supporters use, what it is, is complete and utter bullsh*t! How our best player of the season gets dropped for some dickhead from Souths that couldn't even make their starting side beats me and im happy to see the back of both Rogers and Brown! We dont deserve this sh*t over and over again.

SerbDragon

Coach
Err was i the only 1 who heard gus say.. "gasnier and cooper requested that rodgers stay on" to brown and BROWN f**kN LISTENED TO EM!

brokendigit

Juniors
Err was i the only 1 who heard gus say.. "gasnier and cooper requested that rodgers stay on" to brown and BROWN f**kN LISTENED TO EM!

Means nothing.
I can imagine what Bennett (or most other coaches) would've said to that. It'd be something like:
"I'm paid to coach, & you're paid to play. Sit down, shut up, & do your job..."

Dragon

Coach
Gutted for Jamie.

Its weird, i have the biggest feeling of relief tonight. The Brown era is finally finished.

smacky

Juniors
Ye i would really like to hear what soward has to say.....i guess hes relieved that browns gone otherwise he'd probley be trying to get out of his contract

saint-colesy

Juniors
im f**king guttered to be honest

to think two more measly points during the year and we would still be alive next week, but instead we're gone first up

ive got nothing, i dont even know how to describe it really

empty empty feeling

Russo

Juniors

to think two more measly points during the year and we would still be alive next week, but instead we're gone first up

empty empty feeling

We all feel your pain, i havent said a word to anyone since the 60th minute, pathetic display and to see our star player after 22 rounds dropped for a souths reject burns me even more! All the hope for nothing...

saint-colesy

Juniors
yeah i am yet to say a word as well :(

soward could of won the dally m if he wasnt injured for the last four rounds, yet for some reason brown picked rogers..

it baffels me, it really does.

i have always been a supporter of browny, he was my idol growing up as a kid, ive met him several times and we are actually great mates, he presented me with my 5 year medallion as a kid at my local footy club.

so i guess ive always turned a blind eye to the browny hate as hes like a family friend, but this is one decision i just cannot understand

SET2JT

Juniors
its done its over.lucky we didnt play against d storm. the storm would have put 100 on us

Qld Shark

Juniors
I would love to come on here and bag you guys but I just cant bring myself to do it
So congrats on your season, I really think your a better team than you showed tonight
As the tattoo on my forehead says "There's always next year"

watatank

Coach
It was disappointing to see us go the way we did but all in all it was a good season, exceeding expectations and proving experts wrong. It is sad to see the likes of Ryles, Gasnier and the others go out that way but there's plenty to look forward to with a new look side, a new coach and a new year.

Dave Q

Coach
Dissapointing way to finish, a flogging by those boneheads.

Hayne was crap too.

At least you made it, wd for that.

This Year?

Immortal

empty empty feeling

I felt like that in '99, 04, 05 and 06. Tonight I'm just disappointed as if were any other loss.
It's hard being a Saints fan sometimes but you take the good with the bad I guess.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
I cant wait , to see how Bennett is going to go with the dragons , to see if he improves the way dragons start off in the early rounds

Latest posts