What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Signing--Cleary

Skinner

Coach
da mad maori said:
In his spare time he can take the Kiwi's

Okay, I know, Too quiet aye Skinner

Way too quiet......they need a man with a big stick (er...so to speak :shock: )

Skinner

Coach
NZ Herald :

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10491325

League: Warriors extend Cleary's contract

11:29AM Friday February 08, 2008

With the Brisbane Broncos on the hunt for a new coach after Wayne Bennett's resignation, one man they won't be getting is Warriors Coach Ivan Cleary.

Cleary has reaffirmed his commitment to the New Zealand National Rugby League (NRL) club by extending his contract today, ensuring he will remain with the Warriors until at least the end of the 2010 season.

The 36-year-old is entering his third season as a first-grade coach and is coming off his most successful season with the Warriors, who finished fourth in the 2007 Premiership.

He had previously extended his original contract until the end of 2009 after just one year in the job.

Warriors executive director of football John Hart said the club had again signalled it saw Cleary as a long-term coach at the Vodafone Warriors.

"We've always had the view that Ivan is an outstanding coach and everything we've seen in his first two years in charge has reinforced that opinion," said Hart.

"After he had guided the club to the play-offs for the first time since 2003, Ivan and I met before Christmas last year to agree terms for another year (2010).

"We're delighted with Ivan's development. We have great confidence in him and see him as critical to our future."

If Cleary sees out his contract he is set to become the longest-serving coach in the club's history, topping Daniel Anderson's three-and-a-half season stint from 2001 to mid-2004.

"I'm extremely grateful for the way the club has supported me and I'm thrilled that I now have a contract through to 2010," said Cleary.

"It has been a very steep learning curve becoming a coach in this competition but it has also been hugely rewarding. As a team we've shown improvement in the last two years but there's more we want to achieve.

"I have great affection for the Warriors after playing for them and even more after being involved in the coaching role.

"The club has come a long way and has so much to look forward to. I want to be part of that."

Cleary added his young family was also well-settled in Auckland.

Jesbass

First Grade
Not just a good decision, but brilliant timing. This dispels any rumours about him potentially signing for the Broncos and eliminates any further confusion regarding the coaching role.

I hope the NZRL are noticing this...

MKEB...

Staff member
Jessbass, currently at the NZRL...the wheel is spinning but the hamster is asleep.

Dont expect miracles bro.

ozbash

Referee
I hope the NZRL are noticing this...

hey, thats the first thing i thought when i heard aunty ive had re-signed...

Jesbass

First Grade
MKEB... said:
Jessbass, currently at the NZRL...the wheel is spinning but the hamster is asleep.

Dont expect miracles bro.

When you say 'asleep', do you mean 'deceased as a result of an accidental overdose'?

Micistm

Bench
Absolutely stoked to see Cleary there and signed, give him a decent time to do his stuff. Great to see stabilty, as the Warriors are going to be the Premium product for Kiwi League Supporters...The Kiwis themselves are currently a very broken product