What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another type of game.

Just wondering if people would be interested in another kind of game that I could run for the forum? It's kinda similar in style to Survivor.

Well, at first I'm just wondering if people were open to it, or if you guys just want to play Mafia and FFBRL. No need for commitment yet.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I ran a Survivor game once on a forum, turned out to be good fun.
Only problem is you need around 16 players.
I'd be happy to run another one if interest is in it.
Doesn't necessarily have to be Survivor themed

Starts off with 2 teams of equal amounts
Each week there is a specific challenge, could be a quiz, a challenge to make a website/video/banner etc judging could be a number of things - correct answers, hits on youtube, a judging panel etc
Winning team gets immunity
Losing team have to vote someone out of their team/tribe.

When it gets down to say 10 players, merge the teams and it becomes an individual thing. Winning player for the challenge gets immunity and cannot be voted out.

When just two left, the last 7 voted out cast a vote each on who they think should win, this could come down to who played the game better, who was most honest, who did well in challenges. It's completley individual.

It can get quite canaving ala the TV show as you wanted to win! Lots of people lied, most got caught. The furthest I ever went was 3rd

That sounds pretty awesome and I would definitely be keen to play.

The one I would run would be based on the US version of Big Brother.

At the start of the week you have a Head of Household competition and it would be different every week (could be footy tipping, could be predict the top 5 of the Monaco GP) and the winner wins the Head of Household. The Head of household gets to nominate 2 people for eviction.

After that is the power of veto competition. The winner of that competition has the choice to remove someone from the nomination block or to leave the nominations the same. If someone is removed from the block, then the head of household has to name a replacement nominee. Then everyone in the game besides the HOH and the 2 nominees vote on who they want to evict.

Process continues until we have a winner.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I'd like to run my Survivor-style game after pennys game if that's okay?
Should give me plenty of time to plan