What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Warriors Junior goooooone!!

carlnz

Bench
:roll:Iu Sua is gone...3 or 4 year contract with the Sharks

No wonder Campion left because he was unhappy where the club was heading...how you could let go a 17year old who is over 6ft and weighs 125kg with heaps of talent i just dont know!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Maybe because a 17 year old who is already 125 kg is going to have serious problems keeping down to a size where he's mobile enough to cut it in the NRL by the time he matures? The fact is very few 120kg players aever cut it at first grade level, and if he's that size at 17 then he's either going to haver serious weight problems or he'll just end up too big and immobile.

carlnz

Bench
SpaceMonkey said:
Maybe because a 17 year old who is already 125 kg is going to have serious problems keeping down to a size where he's mobile enough to cut it in the NRL by the time he matures? The fact is very few 120kg players aever cut it at first grade level, and if he's that size at 17 then he's either going to haver serious weight problems or he'll just end up too big and immobile.

Mate he is lean, looked like he had very little fat on him

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
carlnz said:
Mate he is lean, looked like he had very little fat on him
Well if he'ss a lean 125kg at 17 he's probably going to be well over 130 by the time he's mature, and at that size he's probably going to struggle for mobilit and stamina in top grade. I'd say with that sort of physique he's probably more suited to American football or Union.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Exactly SM, I was going to say that but thought I'd reserve judgment. If 125kg is really the weight he was gonna play at then we don't want him. No-one in the NRL plays at 125kg.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
Exactly SM, I was going to say that but thought I'd reserve judgment. If 125kg is really the weight he was gonna play at then we don't want him. No-one in the NRL plays at 125kg.

I could potentially see a 125kg prop cutting it in the NRL but he'd have to be a freakish specimen... but if he's that size at 17 there's no way he'll keep his weight down.

mattyj

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:

What a rediculous reason to write someone off.

Ive never seen the kid so i couldn't say yay or nay, but just because he dosent fit in your "box" of someone who could play prop dosent mean jack.

Back when Terry Wright was playing wing for the AB's at 70kg people would have called you crazy if you had of suggested someone would play his position at 112kg's. Just because it aint the norm dosent mean it wont work.

Humphrey

Juniors
Ive seen the kid play last season. Wouldnt have thought he was 125kg though.. Some people at the club he was at wouldnt let him play senior footy but now hes off to play with the big boys. Would have liked to seen him have more of a run with the Bartercard this year. His brother Arnold is a great prospect think hes about 22 but not 125kg either.

top_dog

Juniors
nah he aint 125 Iuu wud be about 115kgs aye but he is lean and very fit. I for one hu has trained and played with know she can cut it n First grade. The move 2 oz iz best 4 him 2 de3velop his game. he was already out of favour earlier n the year with the warriors, when his school forced him 2 play rugby

carlnz

Bench
Humphrey said:
Ive seen the kid play last season. Wouldnt have thought he was 125kg though.. Some people at the club he was at wouldnt let him play senior footy but now hes off to play with the big boys. Would have liked to seen him have more of a run with the Bartercard this year. His brother Arnold is a great prospect think hes about 22 but not 125kg either.

I asked him how much he weighed and he said 125kg's. Arnold is off to Manly's feeder club this year too..

accy stanley

Juniors
Well thats news.............. E is a big boy but I wouldnt have thought that heavy, any one who takes him on will have to know alot about knees this boy has real problems with them. Yes Humphery your right he was not allowed to play senior football this year his parents would not allow it didnt want him mixing with older players hummm how he going to go on over there.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hmm, so we missed out on a 125 kg 17 year old with dodgy knees. What an outrage, sack John Ackland now!!!!

Latest posts