What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthem

Eels Dude

Coach
My thoughts are if you signed up to these forums just to post that then you can go back to your little cave.

Snoochies

First Grade
I believe Parra need a new song.
Any thoughts.

Mate welcome to the boards! Personally I would love nothing more than a whole bunch of anthems for Parra that could be put onto a record. I love the EPL crowds and would love to have a whole bunch of Parra songs to chant too. I love Click go the Eels and would be great to sing it in a full stadium.

By the way, some of us are getting a bit crabby in the off season, it's just too long. How many days till kickoff, anyone know?

The Colonel

Immortal
I think re need to thaw out Jon English and get him to re-record his version of Parra Power To Win.

That is the one with Rabs commentary isn't it? I believe it will be re-recorded very soon with some new commentary of some of the newer players just not by Mr English.....

The Engineers Room

First Grade
That is the one with Rabs commentary isn't it? I believe it will be re-recorded very soon with some new commentary of some of the newer players just not by Mr English.....

They added the commentary later in the 90s when we had no power to win. It was all the 80s players in the commentary and it got a bit depressing.

jk13

First Grade
used to like that song in the 80s with ray price in the film clip, i think it was on the abc, and i think it had the lyric warhorse in it. just rebadge it with hindy & fui

Hallatia

Referee
I love Parra Power to Win, but I like the idea of having several anthems

I wouldn't change the commentary on Parra Power to Win, I would prefer they made something new if they want something with new commentary

Suitman

Post Whore
How about we become the first NRL club to adopt "You'll Never Walk Alone"?
Just a dream. lol

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
They added the commentary later in the 90s when we had no power to win. It was all the 80s players in the commentary and it got a bit depressing.

No, the one with the commentary was out in 86.

In 1986 they sold a cassette which had the song on one side and brief history of the eels on the flip side. The version of the theme song had Rabs commentary in it.

Gronk

Staff member

Shannon Noll.

"Shannon is a Parramatta fan and we're getting him involved with our membership and marketing drive next year," Osborne said.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25893326-5016286,00.html

Let's just hope that they are playing Parra to Win at the end of the year rather than What About Me. ;-)

Nikki

Coach
A few of us sing that, dont think its an "official" song tho. I was singing in when I was in Fiji during the first few weeks of the finals last year.. I was with some Dragons fans and they thought I was a bit weird! :lol:

Snoochies

First Grade
How about we become the first NRL club to adopt "You'll Never Walk Alone"?
Just a dream. lol

Suity

Please :pray:

I've been following Celtic for a few years now and fell in love with this song and the way the fans get into it. Was lucky enough to see Celtic play up here in Brissy and 30 odd thousand Celtic fans singing YNWA was something I'll never forget, many had said they had never felt an atmosphere like it. Anyway, I think Celtic adopted it after Liverpool so no reason why Parra can't.

This clip is my favourite showing the fans singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awositUJYLM

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I dont think we should change the commentary with current players until our current players win the comp. Because really, our current players havent won a damn thing yet.

Latest posts