What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Tupou - why is he so crap?

chewsta

First Grade
Tupou is a strike backrower who can bust a tackle and offload. Since coming to the Sharks he hasn't lived up to the form at the Roosters. IMO there are a few reasons for this
1. Our support play is awful so when he looks to pop a pass no one is there
2. Our halves are not capable of isolating a defender to get him one on one where he is most destructive
3. Gallen gets the majority of the ball on left side cramping other players out of the game
4. He is playing a lot of minutes, limiting his impact

Having said all of this, he is not playing like a $400k player. He really needs to lift his impact togive us value. He was bought across as an attacking weapon but has got sucked into the bash an barge of Sticky ball.

Coach Flanno needs to really think carefully about Tupou's role in the team. He can be unstoppable on his day but is not delivering.

Good post Weapon!
In all honesty, looking at our team list and their individual performances, Toupou is the least of our problems.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I dont know. I can only assume his guaranteed money means he doesnt have to try.

please enlighten me as to why he is such a useless wank*r. How long are we stuck with him? Great pass for the last try to your Cuz. Toops. I am debating starting a class action to sue you for impersonating an Australian and NSW Rep player.

TBH, I never wanted you in the first place. Why dont you relocate? That gay French Pink Jumper wearing Union team may be an option. Dont bother with park football. You would get smashed with your attitude

Id like to see how u would go with a bunch of reserve graders u wanker!

toops is an awesome player but he is quilty of not having the ability to think for himself. The coach give him instructions to play the left edge so that is what he does, waits to get the ball on the left edge. Anyone that has met toops nows that he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, personally think he would be better used up the middle third of the park with simple instructions hit it up hard and look for an offload to gardner or morris/aiton and use gallen on the left edge.
Coaches dream wouldnt deviate from a game plan cause he wouldnt know how to

The Popper

Bench
Good post Weapon!
In all honesty, looking at our team list and their individual performances, Toupou is the least of our problems.

Yep. I don't think Toupo is a problem. I think our main problems seems to be lack of player support, both in attack and defence. To target a particular position, I believe our centres are wanting but our main problem is halfback. Unfortunately, Porter is miles too slow for NRL in pretty much every aspect.
I thought we were right in it last night until the dismissed Vatuvei knock on which resulted in a Warriors try. Another try to the Warriors and it was end of section.

webShark

Id like to see how u would go with a bunch of reserve graders u wanker!

Couldnt go much worse than Tupou. My belief is that as our marquee player, he should bring more to the table. Inspire the reserve graders to perform better. Instead,it seems he has dropped to their level. I cant think of another NRL Marquee player at another club who contributes so little.

kiwii

Juniors
Toops has been told to hit holes on the left edge of the field which means he is being used like a centre really! for him to have a impact in this role you need the halves to get him some early pill and put him into 1 on 1 situations, then you will see him at his best.
Like someone said earlier on he is sticking to the task he is given, he needs to look for more ball no doubt