What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any better in 2008 ?

Military Shark

Juniors
Can someone please enlighten me as to why the Sharks will be any better next year ?

Have we signed anyone who will add anything to the club ?

The only signing I can remember is the "Next Sonny Bill" from the Bulldogs.

Can anyone give me something to cling onto (not a turd) for next year ??

Stonecutter

First Grade
I can't see anything different next year. Good start with the usual amount of choke.

The only positive is that we now have 2 next SBW's. The Bulldogs guy and Brackin Henry was said to be the next SBW as well when he came over.

You can cling to Kearney next year. Keep him rapped in bubble rap in the offseason.

roboshark

Coach
i think with a few less injuries and a few subtle positional changes + a 2 or 3 decent buys we can go ok...but

every team has built up for next year except us...not even 1 player being discussed as joining us, apart from green and karl

someone sadi something about potential 2 new signings...believe it when i see it

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
U.K SHARK said:
No, we need the backing of News Limited like the storm does.

we had that & we made the grand final

97 sharks broncos winners
98 Broncos winners
99 melbourne winners
2000 broncos rorts winners
2001 knights v eels
2002 east v kiwis
2003 pens v rorts
2004 dogs v rorts
2005 cowboys tigers losers
2006 broncos storm winners

so that is 10 seasons 20 teams 8 teams were news owned.
5 wins were news owned
this despite only owning less than 20% of the clubs.

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
Stonecutter said:
I can't see anything different next year. Good start with the usual amount of choke.

The only positive is that we now have 2 next SBW's. The Bulldogs guy and Brackin Henry was said to be the next SBW as well when he came over.

You can cling to Kearney next year. Keep him rapped in bubble rap in the offseason.

Bracks was actually touted as the next Benji Marshall not SBW

so we have a SBW and a Benji Marshall, or so we hope:crazy:

Military Shark

Juniors
j0rd0_ShArKs said:
Bracks was actually touted as the next Benji Marshall not SBW

so we have a SBW and a Benji Marshall, or so we hope:crazy:

Maybe thats our problem, we have TOO much talent at our club :roll: :roll:

spider

Coach
Sheros los Deros said:
We need the Storm's recruitment officer.
he has proven to have a good eye - yes

but with a cheque book set aside to grab these young up and comers is the big difference

the sharks annual report showed $300K - i think, financially to the JRL.

imagine that money sitting in the bank to throw $20 - $40k to a 16 year old as such as an inglis, or falou

the storm have more of those type players in the cellar as well - their 'baby granges' being looked after and nutured

Latest posts