What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any word on England mid season test 2019?

Pommy

Coach
Has there been any mention of a replacement for the Denver test next year?
If France are still not interested in playing mid season and the pacific tests are running who could England play?

There’s talk of NZ vs Tonga isn’t there?
I would like to see the NRL complain about flights if the English players have to fly to England for a game.

jim_57

Staff member
France would be my first choice but if not.. It would never happen but any of these with full NRL contingent would be cool

V Lebanon in Lebanon (if safe enough)
V Italy in Italy or Canada/USA
V Fiji/PNG/Samoa in those countries or Canada/USA.

Pommy

Coach
I would personally like us to play PNG if France aren’t game.
Just because they have a series against the knights this off season, would be good for them to get a run against the full team as well.

Burns

First Grade
This issue will certainly come to ahead sooner or later.

Kevin Sinfield from memory was stating that England need to play quality opposition between now and the 2021 RLWC. With Aus/NZ/Tonga likely now to play themselves annually, England will want to (rightly) join in.

Playing nations like PNG/France is great, but in the long run doesn’t assist the refinement of England.

Latest posts