What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Out There Still Unable To Buy The Game Yet??

Raiders Rock

Juniors
I was just wondering, with all the hype from this web site, and in particular, from the League Unlimited Online Store about having to pre-order, and "If you don't pre-order you'll be waiting until February for a copy..."

Is there anybody out ther in the entire English speaking world that hasn't been able to buy a copy of the game yet?? It seems to me that there are plenty of copies available out there. Target, K-Mart, Big W, Toys-R-Us etc.

Was it just a storm in a teacup or manufactured to sell more copies by League Unlimited?? Just about everybody I know has a copy and didn't have any trouble finding it either.

I my self pre-ordered from League Unlimited about three months ago and then saw it on the shelves of Target Bass Hill on the Wednesday prior to the release date. I bought it again from there and sold my League Unlimited copy to a friend when it arrived on release day.

I was just interested to know if there was a real shortage of game stock on all platforms or was it a rought to perpetuate more sales!! In either case the game rocks, and i'm very happy with it but I'd be mighty pissed if I was still waiting for a copy in February!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Paullyboy

Coach
I think it was just manufactured to help sell more copies, it was always going to be easy to get a game

Mario

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
I think it was just manufactured to help sell more copies, it was always going to be easy to get a game

It was not manufactured, and I never said anybody would have to wait until February to receive a copy if they didn't preorder (that was EB).

The initial production run had only marginally more copies than the initial preorder levels. That is a fact. Many stores ran out very quickly, and continue to do so.

Try telling someone in the UK that the game is easy to get.

HES responded to the first day sales by calling in some favours and getting extra copies supplied by the different manufacturers. Their staff have been working tirelessly right through Christmas and the weekends to get games out to stores.

They have, for example, just received and distrbiuted their 3rd shipment from Sony.

Everybody was complaining about the fact that HES wasn't manufacturing enough copies, and when they resolve the supply problem people assume the supply problem was made up in the first place. You can't win around here :?

rabs

Staff member
Mario said:
Everybody was complaining about the fact that HES wasn't manufacturing enough copies, and when they resolve the supply problem people assume the supply problem was made up in the first place. You can't win around here :?

You can't win when dealing with snotty nosed little kids, I am aware they represent a huge slice of your market but boy they can whine. The game is a good one that wil get better so onwards and upwards!

mikdalton

Juniors
Ive still not got one but only been searching since boxing day. My brother got one and ive played his but here in the UK its still v difficult to get one. I looked in every games store in Liverpool today to no avail. I may be picking one up next week after an hour thirty train journey off some fella who has two copies.

Jimbo

Immortal
I bought one last night from the Broadway Harvey Norman store, but I haven't seen them anywhere else

btaag

Juniors
The PC is relatively easy to find - the other platforms are more difficult. Moore Park Supercentre has loads of PC copies. EB in Pitt Street Mall only has a few PC and no PS2 or X Box. Grace Brothers City had sold out as of the 30th.

Demand is high because Rugby LEague is the most popular winter sport in Sydney - the sales are very good to see :)

Paullyboy

Coach
Mario said:
Paullyboy said:

It was not manufactured, and I never said anybody would have to wait until February to receive a copy if they didn't preorder (that was EB).

The initial production run had only marginally more copies than the initial preorder levels. That is a fact. Many stores ran out very quickly, and continue to do so.

Try telling someone in the UK that the game is easy to get.

HES responded to the first day sales by calling in some favours and getting extra copies supplied by the different manufacturers. Their staff have been working tirelessly right through Christmas and the weekends to get games out to stores.

They have, for example, just received and distrbiuted their 3rd shipment from Sony.

I take it back then, I just know from where I work that we very frequently advertise a shortage in stock in order to increase demand, and it is a very effective marketing tool. If yours was genuine i apologise.

Paullyboy

Coach
rabbitboy said:
Mario said:

You can't win when dealing with snotty nosed little kids, I am aware they represent a huge slice of your market but boy they can whine. The game is a good one that wil get better so onwards and upwards!

Get over yourself mate

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
im gonna have to buy another copy as seeing i broke mine yesterday. hope there is some avalible somewhere on the central coast

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
i work at big w on the central coast and havent really took notice to see if there is any because i had a copy but now i might have to have a look

Paullyboy

Coach
Try Mt Gravatt, I work there and we are the biggest Big W in Australia - we have plenty of everything

Rockn

Juniors
Oh I got it, but do you mean the Big W at Runcorn/Sunnybank on Logan road or the one at Garden City?

Paullyboy

Coach
Big W Mt Gravatt is at Garden city. The one on logan road in the Runcorn area is the Kuraby store, the real old one.