What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else sick of reading about Benji

thug jimmy

Juniors
What are you on about?

Gallop doesn't have a "stance". All we've heard so far is he won't allow it by fudging the Tigers' books if it eventuates that Benji plays Union then tries to play for the Tigers in 2010.

And who are the 100 players?

His contract ends in 09.
If he plays union in the offseason, he'll be ready to play league again in 2010.
Because if he signs the tigers contract after the union season is complete, then he is in no breach of contract - cause there is no contract.

Gallop does have a stance - it is the NRL's stance. Be totally unreasonable even if it means keeping quality players in our competition.
What if the NRL said to David - "sorry david you can't even watch a game of tennis, because its not good for the image of our game the CEO seen following another sport". It would be rubbish.

The 100 players is a generalization, I read a figure of 90 not long ago - but can't be bothered to go looking for the 'source'. Luckily i'm not a journo - not that they use them anyway.

His contract ends in 09.
If he plays union in the offseason, he'll be ready to play league again in 2010.

Yeah, I'm a Tigers fan, I know when one of our marquee player's contract ends.

If he goes to Union, I'd be happy for him to be barred from coming back to the NRL.

Because if he signs the tigers contract after the union season is complete, then he is in no breach of contract - cause there is no contract.

Really?

sh*t mate, is there anything new in this post?

Gallop does have a stance - it is the NRL's stance. Be totally unreasonable even if it means keeping quality players in our competition.
What if the NRL said to David - "sorry david you can't even watch a game of tennis, because its not good for the image of our game the CEO seen following another sport". It would be rubbish.

No, he has no stance. He has veiled threats only.

The bloke has no balls. I hope his hand is forced and if Benji does go to Japan, it will be.

Union is our competition and our enemy, your Tennis analogy is geniused. I don't care if Benji never comes back if he goes to Union and I feel nothing but disdain for the players who go there.

The 100 players is a generalization, I read a figure of 90 not long ago - but can't be bothered to go looking for the 'source'. Luckily i'm not a journo - not that they use them anyway.

Yeah, I can recall about 10-12 and how many have been missed?

Ausguy

Coach
all that defecting crap aside....

anyone else think like i did when it first broke and there was a close up of his face on the back of the tele - HOW FAT IS BENJI LOOKING? well i did... peace..

all that defecting crap aside....

anyone else think like i did when it first broke and there was a close up of his face on the back of the tele - HOW FAT IS BENJI LOOKING? well i did... peace..

Priorities. :lol:
I saw Bird looking fat too, forgot where.

Ausguy

Coach
why wouldnt he be, he's not doing anything but eating and playing golf.... :)

but seriously, he had a fat face....

gurstar

Juniors
If the press; radio; media; etc keep going on about benji and the rugby thing. i reckon he will go just to get out oft he spotlight .

when the footy start there will be a new topic everyday

Nerd

Bench
It's just a greed grab by Benji's manager. But seriously who is Benji kidding, the guy cant even make it through a regular season without getting injured let alone play through the off season.

jk13

First Grade
someone needs to give the japanese the heads up. the manager is flogging off his greatest moments on tape, the first thing they should b asking is hows his body and injury history. i would b if i was throwing serious coin at him. they buy him for 3 months and he'll probably end up playing 2 weeks before the shoulder/knee caves in

tiger_nick

Bench
how many quotes from benji have there been during this saga? just about none. he is personally handling it well. all the quotes are from his manager, the tigers ceo, gallop, tahu, the wallabies, peter doust, benny elias and anyone else the media can get there hands on.

dont blame benji for this circus, he is just exploring his options, as every single one of you would.

gregstar

Referee
he'll probably ace it in yawnion because he won't need to use his shoulder.

but by god he's gonna pull the sh*t out of his groin muscle.

Loudstrat

Coach
Seriously, anyone called Benji in a code made famous by blokes called Killer, Lurch, Sludge, Chook, Bozo, Zip Zip, The Axe, Captain Blood, Kandos, Bomb Thrower, Crusher, Shovels or Spud is definitely a blouse!

Japanese Yawnion :lol::lol:

gong_eagle

First Grade
Seriously, anyone called Benji in a code made famous by blokes called Killer, Lurch, Sludge, Chook, Bozo, Zip Zip, The Axe, Captain Blood, Kandos, Bomb Thrower, Crusher, Shovels or Spud is definitely a blouse!

Japanese Yawnion :lol::lol:

:lol: great post

how many quotes from benji have there been during this saga? just about none. he is personally handling it well. all the quotes are from his manager, the tigers ceo, gallop, tahu, the wallabies, peter doust, benny elias and anyone else the media can get there hands on.

dont blame benji for this circus, he is just exploring his options, as every single one of you would.

But the sheep need someone to be angry at for their lives.