What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Know what the team is??

Simon

Juniors
I found this from the Herald Sun

Storm will play its first trial match in Noosa on Saturday against Queensland Cup team Tweed Heads.

Bellamy named a preliminary squad yesterday, with fullback Robbie Ross, prop Rodney Howe, five-eighth Scott Hill and utility back Andrew McFadden all selected to make their return from long-term injury.

McFadden has been named at half-back in a team predominantly made up of young players and those on the fringe of first-grade selection.

Ross was named at full-back, while Howe and Hill were named on the bench. Penrith recruits Steve Turner and Luke Dyer have also been selected.

The surprise selection was last year's rookie sensation Billy Slater in the centres.

Slater, recovering from a bout of osteitis pubis, will need to pass a fitness test before being cleared to take his place.

With Ross fit and Turner having impressed in the pre-season, Slater might be forced to switch to the centres this season. But Bellamy said not too much should be read into selections for the opening trial.

"He won't play a full game, but he'll have a bit of a run at centre or on the wing and we'll see how he goes," Bellamy said.

In hearing that does anyone know what the team is for this trial???

stormer

Juniors
no!!i dont but should be named soon!slater has to go througha fitness check so maybe bellamy doesnt want to rush to name the team if slater and some others arent player?

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
The team named is:

Robbie Ross, Dustin Cooper, Jake Webster, Billy Slater, Michael Crocker, Cooper Cronk, Andrew McFadden, Brett O'Farrell, Nathan Friend, Sione Finefeuiaki, Antonio Kaufusi, Ryan Hoffman, Jeremy Smith

Interchange: Rodney Howe, Scott Hill, Steve Turner, Luke Dyer and Kirk Reynoldson

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Sorry about the spelling of the name, I was only going from what was in yesterdays paper.

Can I ask

Who is this Hill bloke on the bench and when the hell did we sign him :shock: ;-)

Narcissist

Juniors
That would be Terry Hill!!! :lol: Apparently they call him eclipse, cause he isn't seen very often and when he is it's not as good as you thought it would be.

stormer

Juniors
some one by the name of scott hill must be a up and comer...i havent seen him play ...

nah for real..if he gets injured again and has to sit the year out then the storm should kick him off the bloody team..he is a great player...when he plays and that is like 3 times every year..just hope his injury probs are over :|

Surandy

Bench
Stormer, do you mean when he doesn't pass the ball to opposition players? Or when he throws hospital passes?

Surandy said:
Stormer, do you mean when he doesn't pass the ball to opposition players? Or when he throws hospital passes?

Very harsh on the bloke. When fit and healthy, Hill is a quality player, and that is a fact. He wouldn't have played for Australia if he wasn't. Especially being from Melbourne :shock:

The number of tries Hill sets up as well as the organisation of the defensive line is fantastic, and he will be welcomed with open arms as far as I'm concerned. I just hope they play him at lock!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Who is Cooper Cronk or is that a gee up?? He'll be a bloody good footballer with a name like that anyway! :?

steaming stormer said:
Surandy said:

Very harsh on the bloke. When fit and healthy, Hill is a quality player, and that is a fact. He wouldn't have played for Australia if he wasn't. Especially being from Melbourne :shock:

The number of tries Hill sets up as well as the organisation of the defensive line is fantastic, and he will be welcomed with open arms as far as I'm concerned. I just hope they play him at lock!!

Yea I agree totally with that.

Latest posts